PDA

View Full Version : Tv + Speakers + Mac

Mr.Noisy
Dec 10, 2009, 02:28 PM
1st apologies if this is the wrong place to post this,
for a while now ive been using logitech x-230 speakers with a mac pro and samsung t220hd tv for ps3, now ive got some logitech z2300's on the way (gift), is there a way i can connect these to the TV and the Mac Pro instead of doing what i do now and pull the 3.5 jack out the MP and put in the headphone socket on the tv when gaming?

as you may be able to tell from this sketchy thread i havent a clue what i'm doing with audio stuff, but any help at all would be most appreciated, thank you very much :)

daxomni
Dec 10, 2009, 02:37 PM
Knowing the answer with any certainty requires posting the make and model of your TV and then being able to find the manual or connection list. However, I would be rather surprised if it wasn't possible, either with a direct minijack outlet on your TV or with an RCA <> minijack adapter.

Mr.Noisy
Dec 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
Knowing the answer with any certainty requires posting the make and model of your TV and then being able to find the manual or connection list. However, I would be rather surprised if it wasn't possible, either with a direct minijack outlet on your TV or with an RCA <> minijack adapter.

sorted it, using a splitter and a connector turning a male 3.5 jack into a female and getting 2 x 1.5 mtr stereo cables, works a dream, no more pulling jack out depending which i want to use TV or PC, now it's plugged in both 24/7.

result.