PDA

View Full Version : ¿Qué opinas de las drogas?

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 03:21 AM
He formado una opinión fuertísima de las drogas. Las opongo porque han arruinado las vidas de muchas personas, unas a que yo les conozco. No son saludables para nada y roban la gente de dinero y buen salud. Sin embargo, creo que usarlas no debe ser ilegal. Mantenerlo ilegal sólo mantiene más crimen violento. La elección de fumar cigarrillos no es inteligente, pero es legal. Todas éstas son selecciones personales (aunque fumar sí afecta al mundo entero), así que se debe poder elegir de hacerlas, ¿sí? ¿Qué opinas tú?

Abstract
Aug 8, 2004, 05:40 AM
What's with the spanish (??) threads recently. This isn't a spanish site.

I think we should do what we used to do in another board I used to visit: Delete non-english threads. Nobody liked the spanish/french, and even chinese posts showing up, so we just made a ban on non-english posts entirely. I could make threads in chinese or french, but I don't. Its not discriminatory, but MacRumors IS an english website, if you haven't noticed. :rolleyes:

BakedBeans
Aug 8, 2004, 05:59 AM
porqué es usted que se adelanta a un Web site de la computadora y que habla las drogas de la manera gobiernan el mundo... muy extraño

why come on here and talk about drugs.... very strange...

is what i said btw

Megaquad
Aug 8, 2004, 06:17 AM
Annoying...

P-Worm
Aug 8, 2004, 08:19 AM
porqué es usted que se adelanta a un Web site de la computadora y que habla las drogas de la manera gobiernan el mundo...

why come on here and talk about drugs....

The size difference here makes me laugh. :D

P-Worm

Apple //e
Aug 8, 2004, 10:57 AM
The size difference here makes me laugh. :D

P-Worm

it could have been like this:

porqué hablas de drogas aqui?

i dont know why you choose to bring up the topic of drugs in this particular forum, a site specific to computers....very strange

;-)

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 12:51 PM
This is the community forum. That means we can post whatever we want. I'm not posting controversial topics in the software forum, so I don't see what's wrong. And we already went over the Spanish in two other threads. You don't need to participate in threads in other languages. Go ahead and start a thread in Chinese. I really wouldn't care. You wouldn't see me posting in it because I don't speak Chinese, but I wouldn't feel threatened by it (although now I have a slight feeling that it would be a "bash the Muffin Man in Chinese" thread, but that's ok). You can write what you want. One awesome thing I like about my country is the freedom of speech, even if some politicians are trying to take that away, too. Oh, and also the mods and admins. I suppose since they run the site they have a right to take off anything they want. Though I don't think that's right unless the material is highly offensive or is criminal.

yahooz
Aug 8, 2004, 01:44 PM
macrumors.com is not a democracy. its a multiperson benevolent dictatorship :)

Kingsnapped
Aug 8, 2004, 01:58 PM
...so not necessary. This is not a multi-lingual site. It's great that you can speak Spanish, but it's not needed here.

Don't panic
Aug 8, 2004, 02:18 PM
I think english should be the official language of the site, to allow all the members to benefit from a thread/post and for monitoring purposes. In this view threads and even single posts in other languages would be out of place

however, a "non-english" section with languages sub-sections could be very cool (although I wouldn't visit much, if at all)

Still, one wouldn't want to be a free-for-all-land, but there would be the need of keeping tags on it. Before becoming available, each language sub-section could be "introduced" by a moderator fluent enough in the language to be able to work as such. Alternatively, some native language non-moderators could be promoted to the role if they "qualify" (no clue how that works) and if they were willing to do it.

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 08:05 PM
Oh, to yahooz: You are correct in saying that this is not a democracy. However, you didn't really prove a point. No moderators have shut down the Spanish threads. You just said something that everyone knew without any reason to saying it...

Abstract
Aug 8, 2004, 09:03 PM
Hey, wanna see something irrelevent and without a point?

One awesome thing I like about my country is the freedom of speech, even if some politicians are trying to take that away, too.

This is irrelevent, more so than yahooz post. ;)

Well since it's an english website, wouldn't it just be appropriate to post in English only? This is the community section. Notice how the community isn't generally spanish speaking. Notice how the spanish threads may not even be properly moderated. Same with a thread posted in chinese. I was just making a point. I wouldn't post in chinese because I have sense.

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 10:55 PM
You are right, this is a community forum. Some of the members of the community speak Spanish. We would like to keep the language alive. Because it is a minority, we wish for it to be a VISIBLE minority.

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 10:58 PM
In case it was never made clear, the point of having Spanish threads is to bring together Spanish speakers as a community, not to exclude non-Spanish speakers. It's the same as "post here if you like hip hop" or "post here if you have a Ford". In the end, all I want is community. We may all have Macs in common, but in between us in smaller groups, we have other things in common.

iMeowbot
Aug 8, 2004, 11:15 PM
¿Qué opinas tú?
I think it probably belongs in the political forum, and in the language used by the site's moderators.

superbovine
Aug 8, 2004, 11:19 PM
First, why post on a macrumors forum about the opinions of the mac community about drugs.

Second, it is to Macrumors advantage to handle all types of languages. They could actually sell ads space to ads geared towards a particular languages. They aren't asking you to learn whatever language. What they want is the opinions of other people that speak their language. I don't see why people are so offend by people not speaking English, especially if they are not asking people speak their language. If you don't like it don't read it.

The Muffin Man
Aug 8, 2004, 11:36 PM
Superbovine, thanks for your defense, but I wanted to explain why I asked about drug views. This section of the forum is the community forum. There are polls about cars, threads about TV shows, and comments about pets. This is the RANDOM forum.

superbovine
Aug 9, 2004, 12:10 AM
Superbovine, thanks for your defense, but I wanted to explain why I asked about drug views. This section of the forum is the community forum. There are polls about cars, threads about TV shows, and comments about pets. This is the RANDOM forum.

well i was just wonder why the question was possed to the Mac Community rather than in another place, and weather the answer were different if possed in a different forum.

iJon
Aug 9, 2004, 01:08 AM
well i can i honestly don't care. it sucks just because its one less thread i can participate in, but it isn't the end of the world. i think we should just let it be for the people who want to participate and leave it a that.

iJon

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 01:53 AM
Thank you, iJon. That's what I'm trying to say. We all have our own thing.

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 01:57 AM
We would like to keep the language alive.I was under the impression that the language was doing ok by itself, last I heard a whole country spoke it, nativly! :eek:

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 02:25 AM
edesign, when I said keeping it alive, I meant at MacRumors. Please stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about.

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 02:30 AM
edesign, when I said keeping it alive, I meant at MacRumors. Please stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about."Stop pretending", I haven't even started yet! It was only 1 post :rolleyes:

Spanish was never "alive" here to need to be saved.

I don't really care, I'm jusy sayin'...

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 08:52 AM
English is not my first language, so I perfectly understand that non-native English speakers might want to communicate in a different language. Also, as person who likes speaking foreign languages, I understand people who want to practise their skills in different languages.

Although my English is not too bad, sometimes it would be easier for me to post in my native German. The reason why I do post at Macrumors is because there are people from many different countries who come to the forums. This makes the discussions more interesting, IMHO. Since there are forums in other languages, I don't think we should start sub-forums in Spanish, German, French or any other language for that matter, if you want to post in another language, do so in those forums.

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 09:47 AM
Whether or not something is posted in the community forum, I'm appalled that there are so many folks who believe that posts should be English only.

English only?!

This is a public forum. English speakers may be in the visible majority, but this network we are using is GLOBAL. Believe it or not, you're going to find native speakers from many different countries on the internet. It's a unique opportunity that we have, and it may not stay this way for all too long. (Yeah, that's right, the Internet as a huge, open network may not survive for very long, especially when it makes it difficult for particular people in power to maintain that power.)

What's the trouble if you cannot read a particular post? Do you ask non-English speakers that you pass on the street to stop talking so loudly because you don't understand them??

It's called prejudice. Learn to let it go. Celebrate the fact that other cultures still exist all around you and disregard the posts you cannot read, just as you would disregard conversations in a foreign language that you cannot speak.

peace,
Logicat

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 09:59 AM
Whether or not something is posted in the community forum, I'm appalled that there are so many folks who believe that posts should be English only.

English only?!

This is a public forum. English speakers may be in the visible majority, but this network we are using is GLOBAL. Believe it or not, you're going to find native speakers from many different countries on the internet. It's a unique opportunity that we have, and it may not stay this way for all too long. (Yeah, that's right, the Internet as a huge, open network may not survive for very long, especially when it makes it difficult for particular people in power to maintain that power.)

What's the trouble if you cannot read a particular post? Do you ask non-English speakers that you pass on the street to stop talking so loudly because you don't understand them??

It's called prejudice. Learn to let it go. Celebrate the fact that other cultures still exist all around you and disregard the posts you cannot read, just as you would disregard conversations in a foreign language that you cannot speak.

peace,
Logicat

I mostly agree with you, but participating in a discussion on a forum is not like passing people on the street, this is communicating with other people. I don't know about you, but I find it offending if I'm together with people who, despite the fact they speak a language I know, too, talk with each other in a language I don't understand.

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 10:11 AM
I mostly agree with you, but participating in a discussion on a forum is not like passing people on the street, this is communicating with other people.

That's my point.

It's communicating with other people... who speak a particular language. If you come across an English thread, and can read/write some English (even poorly), feel free to read and respond to it. If you come across a Spanish thread, and can read/write some Spanish (even poorly), feel free to read and respond to it. Don't you see? It's communicating with other people who speak a language you understand. Why would you want to prevent other people from speaking in public on this forum just because you can't understand?

I don't know about you, but I find it offending if I'm together with people who, despite the fact they speak a language I know, too, talk with each other in a language I don't understand.

You're offended because someone's choosing not to talk to you and you can't overhear/understand their conversation because they're speaking in another language? Are your serious?

These people on MacRumors aren't your "friends". We're all members of a community and we each represent different parts of many different countries. We also speak many different languages. There's nothing offensive about that.

The Community part doesn't happen when you sign up for a free username and password. The community is built up out of mutual respect between all the people who post here.

Logicat

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 10:48 AM
That's my point.

You're offended because someone's choosing not to talk to you and you can't overhear/understand their conversation because they're speaking in another language? Are your serious?

My point is that when you're together with other people (not some people you just met in a bar or in a similar location), it's not nice if you exclude people from taking part in a talk/ discussion/ chat, whatever, by using a language some people in your group don't speak. But I see your point that my example was bad. Being together with people and posting in a forum are not the same thing.

These people on MacRumors aren't your "friends". We're all members of a community and we each represent different parts of many different countries. We also speak many different languages. There's nothing offensive about that.
Logicat

I never said anything about "friends". I'm fully aware that members of the community are not my friends.

It's communicating with other people... who speak a particular language. If you come across an English thread, and can read/write some English (even poorly), feel free to read and respond to it. If you come across a Spanish thread, and can read/write some Spanish (even poorly), feel free to read and respond to it. Don't you see? It's communicating with other people who speak a language you understand. Why would you want to prevent other people from speaking in public on this forum just because you can't understand?

As I said in my original post, I like Macrumors because it's a global forum as opposed to say a German forum where only German speaking people post. I just think we should not "divide" this global forum by creating sub-forums in different languages.

LimeiBook86
Aug 9, 2004, 11:09 AM
¿Español? ¿Cuál es español?

:confused:

Kingsnapped
Aug 9, 2004, 11:13 AM
erm... taco mexico Juan con carne pantelonas Rickey Martin...

/not English, not spam.

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 11:14 AM
My point is that when you're together with other people (not some people you just met in a bar or in a similar location), it's not nice if you exclude people from taking part in a talk/ discussion/ chat, whatever, by using a language some people in your group don't speak.

Frankly, I think it's rude to try and stop people from conversing in a thread you can't even understand, just because you're insulted, annoyed or angered by it. What you're not accepting is that this very thread, "¿Qué opinas de las drogas?", started as a Spanish-language thread. You and I are the people who've hijacked the thread. We're the English speakers here who are adding our foreign-language comments to a spanish language thread.

The problem with your idea above, that we shouldn't exclude people by using a language some people in your group don't speak, is that no one would ever talk again! English might be in the majority on this forum, but not everyone speaks English. There is no language you can use that doesn't exclude somebody.

The only solution is to deal with it. Let the diversity swim around you. Accept that you won't be able to understand everything. Learn one or a few more languages if you really care. But please don't do as Abstract suggested on page 1:
I think we should do what we used to do in another board I used to visit: Delete non-english threads. Nobody liked the spanish/french, and even chinese posts showing up, so we just made a ban on non-english posts entirely...Its not discriminatory...

It is discriminatory. In other parts of the world there are people who don't speak the same language, or worship the same beliefs, or have the same color of skin, or wear the right clothes, or come from the right family, or live in the wrong part of town, and they are getting excluded, beaten, jailed, and brutally murdered. The mindset that Abstract and others have forwarded is a real problem when the world is not homogenous. And it isn't. The world and all the life that lives on it is diverse to an insane degree. This is life on earth.

Zaty, I'm not arguing with you, but you're the only person responding at the moment; thanks for that. And to the Muffin Man, sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought it was time to have a say.

Best regards,
Logicat

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 11:17 AM
It is discriminatory. In other parts of the world there are people who don't speak the same language, or worship the same beliefs, or have the same color of skin, or wear the right clothes, or come from the right family, or live in the wrong part of town, and they are getting excluded, beaten, jailed, and brutally murdered. The mindset that Abstract and others have forwarded is a real problem when the world is not homogenous. And it isn't. The world and all the life that lives on it is diverse to an insane degree. This is life on earth.Woah there cowboy, don't get carried away. This is all getting a little serious don't you think.

Lets make this interesting, someone teach me how to say "fu*k off newbie" in Spanish :D ;) :p

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 11:28 AM
Zaty, I'm not arguing with you, but you're the only person responding at the moment; thanks for that. And to the Muffin Man, sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought it was time to have a say.

Best regards,
Logicat

I'm not angry or offended by the fact that this thread started as a Spanish thread. I'm sorry for hijacking it, but since others commented on the fact that people started a few Spanish threads lately, I just wanted to say that I personally don't like the idea of sub-forums in other languages because there already are forums in other languages out there. But if some members would like that, I'm certainly the last person to not respect that wish, I just think it's not a good idea, but of course, that's just me :)

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 11:30 AM
This is all getting a little serious don't you think

Surprise!

Yes, the relative freedom and ability to communicate across the globe, inexpensively, without license or passport, 24-hours a day with an ad-hoc community of random individuals is quite serious.

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 11:37 AM
Surprise!

Yes, the relative freedom and ability to communicate across the globe, inexpensively, without license or passport, 24-hours a day with an ad-hoc community of random individuals is quite serious.http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/getoffhighhorse.jpg

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to say that I personally don't like the idea of sub-forums in other languages because there already are forums in other languages out there.

Just caught your edited post above. I agree with you: I don't want sub-forums in other languages either. I'm hoping for the freedom to start a thread in any language.

I spent the first twenty-one years of my life in the same room of the same apartment in Brooklyn, NY. Outside of my room, within the same apartment building, along my street, throughout the neighborhood, city and beyond, was the rest of the world. I grew up with a horde of people from many different countries, multiple languages, a cultural stewpot. Even the newspaper blowing across the sidewalk might not be in English, but perhaps in Russian, Polish, Yiddish, Spanish, Italian, German, etc.

The world if full of people who don't speak my language. I just don't want them to disappear.

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 11:42 AM
The world if full of people who don't speak my language. I just don't want them to disappear.

Neither do I! Good point to put this discussion to rest. :)

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 11:51 AM
The world if full of people who don't speak my language. I just don't want them to disappear.This is a forum, an english speaking forum. Not the world :rolleyes: Languages won't "dissapear" just because they aren't used here.

MacRumors has been an english speaking forum for years, and has thrived. If threads start popping up in different languages that the vast existing majority cannot understand it will ruin it. I for one don't want to be coming here to forums full of messeges I can't read or get involved with.

You wanna talk about Macs & Rumors in Spanish, go find a Spanish mac site, you wanna have chit chat in Spanish, go find a Spanish community forum.

Not here.

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 11:57 AM
If threads start popping up in different languages that the vast existing majority cannot understand it will ruin it.

Why? Ruin what?

Are you afraid?

LimeiBook86
Aug 9, 2004, 12:05 PM
Why? Ruin what?

Are you afraid?

¡Sí, estoy asustado!

<thank you Shelock ;)>

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 12:06 PM
This is a forum, an english speaking forum. Not the world :rolleyes: Languages won't "dissapear" just because they aren't used here.

MacRumors has been an english speaking forum for years, and has thrived. If threads start popping up in different languages that the vast existing majority cannot understand it will ruin it. I for one don't want to be coming here to forums full of messeges I can't read or get involved with.

You wanna talk about Macs & Rumors in Spanish, go find a Spanish mac site, you wanna have chit chat in Spanish, go find a Spanish community forum.

Not here.

Although I intended to leave this thread alone, I can't help adding my comment on edesignuk's opinion. I think that English is the main language of this forum and general discussions on news bits or rumours in the "News and Article Discussion" should exclusively be in English so that everyone can follow the thread. However I don't mind if community discussions are in different languages. I don't hope the "language factor" will cause any problems and all members can enjoy their visits on Macrumors.

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 12:08 PM
Why? Ruin what?

Are you afraid?Yes, I'm terrified :rolleyes: Don't be an idiot. You know full well what I'm saying (or at least I hope you do). I think most of the regulars here do not want the forums littered with threads we cannot read. You plainly read, write and understand english, as do the rest of us. So please, use it! :mad:

logicat2001
Aug 9, 2004, 12:14 PM
You know full well what I'm say (or at least I hope you do).

No, actually I don't. Isn't that funny? We're even speaking the same language and you're having a really tough time explaining yourself in English without resorting to photos and rolleyes.

I and I think most of the regulars here do not want the forums littered with threads we cannot read.

I don't know about "most of the regulars", but you've made it perfectly clear that you personally equate a foreign language thread with litter.

Don't assume what other people think, but speak clearly and for yourself.

Converted2Truth
Aug 9, 2004, 12:23 PM
edesign, when I said keeping it alive, I meant at MacRumors.

I think he meant it different than you took it... he's jokingly saying that the USA speaks spanish natively... lol

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 12:24 PM
<More bollox>
I'm not gonna start a flame war with you, despite how hard you are obviously trying to get me going.

I "equate a foreign language thread with litter" huh? Way to change my words round to fit your needs. You could almost be a politician!

:rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused: :o :eek: :( :mad: Oh sorry, not intellectual enough for you?

Zaty
Aug 9, 2004, 12:28 PM
Sorry guys, but now I feel really bad that this thread was carried away,so I started a new thread in which this question can be discussed further.

Thanks

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=975298#post975298

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 12:30 PM
Sorry guys, but now I feel really bad that this thread was carried away,so I started a new thread in which this question can be discussed further.

Thanks

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=975298#post975298I'm not going through all this ***** again, have fun with it...

I know you'll miss me logicat2001, hugs and kisses :p

Converted2Truth
Aug 9, 2004, 12:32 PM
edesignuk, are you the girl in the pic? just curious...

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 12:35 PM
edesignuk, are you the girl in the pic? just curious...lmao, erm...no. I'm a "dude", and I'd like her to be my other half very much :cool:

Kingsnapped
Aug 9, 2004, 12:35 PM
Muffin Man: You inspired me to make my own thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=83519) for a language that I can speak. Thanks!

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 12:47 PM
logicat, I don't mind the "hijacking". Perhaps all this attention is good for the cause, and besides, discussions should go where they are taken naturally. If drugs aren't the focus right now, that's fine. I'm just in a dilemma now about whether or not to tell edesignuk how to say "**** off newbie" in Spanish. How bout not.

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 12:50 PM
I'm just in a dilemma now about whether or not to tell edesignuk how to say "**** off newbie" in Spanish. How bout not.Spoil sport :(

Kingsnapped
Aug 9, 2004, 01:07 PM
edesignuk:

Step (http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/S/W3859.htm)
Off (http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/O/W2584.htm)
newbie (http://where.com/cgi-bin/dasl?newbie)

not Spanish, but every language is welcome at Macrumors.

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 01:48 PM
Fine, edesign. At least you are making an effort to embrace other cultures... :rolleyes: So, you would say "chíngate, nuevillo". You see, nuevo means new, and the -illo usually refers to something as smaller, or like you are better, so maybe it would be an insult (chico is boy, chiquillo is like an older boy referring to a younger one).

A los hispanohablantes, por fa: dime si no tengo razón. Inventé la palabra "nuevillo", pero creo que funciona como newbie, ¿sí?

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 01:56 PM
A los hispanohablantes, por fa: dime si no tengo razón. Inventé la palabra "nuevillo", pero creo que funciona como newbie, ¿sí?I do hope you have taken the initiative and taken the piss out of me in a language you know I can't read there matey ;) :eek:

iGav
Aug 9, 2004, 02:04 PM
I do hope you have taken the initiative and taken the piss out of me in a language you know I can't read there matey ;) :eek:

Awright geeezzaa! well if we can use abi' uvver languages, then I choose David 'ockney rhymin' Micheal Chang. Sorted mate. ;) :D :p

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 02:14 PM
What does "to take the piss out" mean?

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 02:17 PM
What does "to take the piss out" mean?to take the mick, to make fun of...blah

Is this a UK only expression?? :eek:

The Muffin Man
Aug 9, 2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, it is. Sorry. And I wasn't making fun of you. ;)

edesignuk
Aug 9, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, it is. Sorry. And I wasn't making fun of you. ;)Of course not ;)

Koodauw
Aug 9, 2004, 03:29 PM
Really, I dont see how a different language thread does any harm. There is a bunch of threads I don't read. What is one more?

As for the approach everyone is taking?

Why not just let it alone. By making this a English only vs. Other Languages fight, your just adding fuel to the fire. Mac Rumors is a community built around Apple Computers. It is our main interest, and the reason we come to the suit. Sure there will be times when Foreign Language Threads, OR What kind shoes, or What kind of watch do you wear threads will be all the rage, but in the end, we all focus on Apple. So let this trend pass, and we can all return to focusing on what we came here for. " Apple Mac rumors And news you Care About."

windowsblowsass
Aug 11, 2004, 01:32 AM
I don't really care, I'm jusy sayin'...

http://69.44.62.237/~jay/rps/18.jpg

I'm sayin' bro! :) :p

delgado
Aug 11, 2004, 04:12 AM
OK, because as I see it, most people speak english around here. I clicked on this forum, although I rarely click on forum discussions, because I was raised speaking Spanish. To be honest, I couldn't believe I had so many things in common with someone.... una vida como hispanohablante, an addition to macs, and an addiction to this website. Then I read the post and the replies, and all I see is rejection. Obviously, to a Spanish speaker in an english country, this is nothing new. But to you that only speak english and don't want to see other languages...isn't this what you want? Total domination by apple of the world??? (it is for me) And for those of you actually affiliated (or fully addicted) to the site, isn't this what you want??? MacRumors to be the first site that ALL mac enthusiasts visit??? I visit them all, and this is my first post. Why? Because I finally felt like I belonged.....until I read the responses to the post in Spanish!!!! If you hate our language, don't visit our posts. If you don't understand, but care, then figure it out one way or another. The basics are: we love macs, and we speak another language besides english (you may, too). If you do speak Spanish, then....
Yo pienso que todos que quieren hacer algo (sea drogas o hablar otra idioma que no sea lo "normal") deben hacerlo. Si la comunidad no lo quiere, podemos buscar otro lugar, o los otros pueden tomarlo por el culo, si dios cree que tenemos razon. Si no, vamos a ver.
Para todos los hispanohablantes, lo siento que no tengo accentos en mi ortografia, es que yo se que mi computadora no escribe los accentos bien.

matt459
Sep 9, 2004, 03:45 PM
oddly off topic, but i was wondering if anyone knew of a German posting community, that also speaks in English? Here in America there is not much German used, that I know of anyway. One day i would like to become an exchange student, so a rudimentary knowledge of the language is a requirement im guessing. I would really love to be able to use it, even though it is not so good (ich bin in Deutsch zwei das Jahre im schule).
Again, if this is out of place, should i just start a thread of my own? Or has this been covered. In either case, could somebody help me out?
Many thanks, und viele danke...