PDA

View Full Version : IPOD VIDEO lost HD Space

WindowsTraitor
Dec 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
I have an Ipod video with 32GB. I only have 11GB of music, but It says that I only have 1 GB left. In Itunes, it says audio 11GB, Video 2GB and other about 15GB are "others" I tried to see what other was in disk mode, but I could not see any files. (I tried both in windows, and MAC). It is formatted in Fat 32.

How can is see what the other 15GB is?

Thank you

sfmountainbiker
Dec 11, 2009, 04:46 PM
I have an Ipod video with 32GB. I only have 11GB of music, but It says that I only have 1 GB left. In Itunes, it says audio 11GB, Video 2GB and other about 15GB are "others" I tried to see what other was in disk mode, but I could not see any files. (I tried both in windows, and MAC). It is formatted in Fat 32.

How can is see what the other 15GB is?

Thank you

Not sure, but I recently restored my iPod in the hope that it might by some grace of god improve the battery life. No luck on that front (I'm waiting for battery replacement now), but I did notice that some space seemed to magically open up on the HD. I would suggest you doing the same unless there is data you will lose in the process...

WindowsTraitor
Dec 11, 2009, 04:58 PM
I just downloaded Disk Inventory X, and I found that the rest of the 14GB is something called Ipod_control.

I tried to google it, but I did not really understand if this is from previous itunes transfers or else

pukifloyd
Dec 11, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ipod_control is where all the songs are stored(if i am not wrong)

Connect your ipod in disk mode and enable "show hidden files" in windows control panel and then see what files are hidden...if those 14gb of files are in Ipod_control then they should show in the ipod...

if you have any trouble then back up your ipod and restore it:)

godslabrat
Dec 11, 2009, 09:12 PM
Is there any way you were storing something on it, deleted it, and haven't yet emptied the trash? On the Mac side, the disk space is still reserved until you empty the trash