Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sstephan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I just bought the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 on Mac OS X but need to know what I need to get in order to play multiplayer. I know that Steam is used to run multiplayer on PC, but what should I do for my iMac since Steam is a Windows only software? I have a few options.....download Windows in BootCamp, which I am trying not to do; could download CrossOver or something like Crossover but I read that it makes my computer slower (even though I have 980 GB of free space left). What should I do?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Some questions to get out of the land of confusion?

What Call of Duty version did you buy?

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare for Windows

or

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare for Mac OS X

or

Call of Duty 6 - Modern Warfare 2 for Windows (there is no Mac OS X version out yet)

And btw, if you had only 100GB of free HDD space left, your computer would be still the same speed, unless you only have 1GB left, that might make the computer a little bit cranky.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
The only thing you need to do is install the game. It will install both a single player and multiplayer application. Just download any updates and then you can play multiplayer without any additional software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.