Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

char.lotte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
So yesterday my keyboards didn't want to work. So I reinstalled everything again and then it worked, but the letter O was showing only capatalized and when I pressed shift it would give the letter O and when I tried to type a question mark or quotation marks using the shift keys the windows would minimize.

Then, researching on what to do next I found that some people found reseting the RAM should help. So I did, I removed the batteries, held down the power button for 5 sec..and so on. After that my MacBook didn't want to turn on. I've tried everything on the Apple Support page, but still nothing.

I was wondering if anyone had this problem before and what to do.

teksurv

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
San Diego, CA
Was there any liquid spilled on the MacBook? If so that can lead to logic board failure. If not, reset PRAM, and SMC again.

char.lotte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Was there any liquid spilled on the MacBook? If so that can lead to logic board failure. If not, reset PRAM, and SMC again.

No, I don't think it was a liquid problem... Though another question: After reseting the PRAM would the computer turn back on if the power adapter wasn't working? I just noticed that the light is very faded. You only see it in complete darkness.

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
No, I don't think it was a liquid problem... Though another question: After reseting the PRAM would the computer turn back on if the power adapter wasn't working? I just noticed that the light is very faded. You only see it in complete darkness.

My best suggestion is to take it to the Apple Store. I had the same problem last week and it turns out the power port was dead. The Genius sent my MacBook to the repair center in Tennessee and I got a free power port replacement as well as a new top (keyboard/trackpad). Even though I was out of warranty, they replaced both parts for free (of which would've probably cost me at least $499). :)

char.lotte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
My best suggestion is to take it to the Apple Store. I had the same problem last week and it turns out the power port was dead. The Genius sent my MacBook to the repair center in Tennessee and I got a free power port replacement as well as a new top (keyboard/trackpad). Even though I was out of warranty, they replaced both parts for free (of which would've probably cost me at least $499). :)

Thank you, I plan to. And you were very lucky. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.