PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for an iPhone project

Soulstorm
Dec 12, 2009, 06:53 AM
I intend to make an application, that is based on information on the web. The application will be static, and will not connect to the internet. I want to transfer all the information from a website into the application, thus making a guide for something (I don't want to reveal what).

The website pages are comprised of Text and 1 or 2 images. And I want to implement search functions for the information that will be contained in the application (which will be transferred from the site).

The question is... How do I do that? I'm not looking for code help, but for some guidance. My initial thought was to write web pages by hand using dreamweaver that will be included inside the application, and will be displayed using UIWebView, and the search functions will be implemented using keywords from an XML file.

Does anyone have a better idea? I would appreciate any guidance for that matter...

PhoneyDeveloper
Dec 12, 2009, 02:45 PM
That is certainly one way to do it.

UIWebView may be the simplest way to implement something like this but UIWebView sometimes causes problems. It tends to be slow and sometimes developers find bugs that are hard to work around. It's not very configurable.

You don't give much information but another way would be to write your own UI using UIKit and have it work like a web browser.

I recommend that you just start to implement it the way you are thinking and see if it works or not.