PDA

View Full Version : Recording one track while listening to other tracks

RogerTech
Dec 12, 2009, 11:57 AM
My question is very basic. I'm new to Logic. I have Logic Express 8 still on my iMac G5. I've been trying to record additional tracks but not able to listen to the fist one I have created. I just used one simple drum loop on my first track. When trying to record an instrument on a second track I only get the metronome and nothing else. I'm sure the user's manual has the answer, but, I can't find it.

In addition to your answer, if you know any step-by-step book on Logic Express, please, mention it. I have a feeling I'm going to need it badly.

Thanks in advance!!! :apple:

ChrisA
Dec 12, 2009, 01:04 PM
My question is very basic. I'm new to Logic. I have Logic Express 8 still on my iMac G5. I've been trying to record additional tracks but not able to listen to the fist one I have created. I just used one simple drum loop on my first track. When trying to record an instrument on a second track I only get the metronome and nothing else. I'm sure the user's manual has the answer, but, I can't find it.

In addition to your answer, if you know any step-by-step book on Logic Express, please, mention it. I have a feeling I'm going to need it badly.

Thanks in advance!!! :apple:

The best way to learn is to buy a one month subscription to
http://www.macprovideo.com/
then watch their Logic tutorials. The first one, "Core Logic" is very good. You can buy them too but the subscription is a better deal at only $25.

But to find out the answer to just your one question buy a 3 day subscription for $1 and Just watch the part you need.

deej999
Dec 13, 2009, 08:43 AM
+1 for http://www.macprovideo.com/

Best tutorials on Logic around. Might need a lot of free time to watch them all!

Your issue sounds like you created two tracks assigned to the same channel. Look in the Track menu and make sure to create a new track on it's own channel.

deej

RogerTech
Dec 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
I took a previous at the web site you recommended and it is a great way to learn. I'll certainly subscribe. This will not be my last question, that's for sure.

I also purchase a book "Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8" by David Nahmani (version 8 because that's the one I have). This book is also very good because it's all hands on, working through a project.

All the best!!! :)