Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bella

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Ontario, Canada
oohhkay - so I am trying desperately to get a summa d60 vinyl cutter hooked up my mac via usb. The problem I am seeming to be having is getting the connection to hold up between the cutter and mac. The instructions (yes I actually read the instructions) say the little led light on my cutter should be blinking when the cutter and computer are corresponding correctly. It blinks about 3 times when I plug the usb cord in and stops. Any help out there?? :confused:

Nspace

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I typed this fairly long post out think it was a vinyl cutter to make like dub plates and stuff on actual records. Then I realised you were talking about a plotter.

I don't have any experience with vinyl plotters, well I did install one once but it was a different make and on a windows machine, but perhaps it just blinks a couple times to signify that it has been conected, then you can use it?

The pdf from the Summa website says the "Summa Cutter Control" can be used to test the usb connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.