PDA

View Full Version : cydia issues

ed423
Dec 13, 2009, 12:25 AM
alright. i searched the forum and i found answer to this, but its not the answer i want. i am getting errors from cydia

Error: Refreshing Data
GPG error:
http://www.ispaziorepo.com ./
Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

Failed to fetch
http://www.ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt/.Packages.bz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

a thread suggested using SSh to solve the problem. is there any other way i can fix it without using ssh?

Applejuiced
Dec 13, 2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, restore and rejailbreak.

dhlizard
Dec 13, 2009, 08:35 AM
Yes, restore and rejailbreak.

But it's much easier to just SSH and fix it.

If not, you're gonna be restoring your phone alot because this is not that uncommon with Cydia.

Do some reading, learn to SSH, it is very easy. Think of it as Drag & Drop for iPhone.

scirica
Dec 26, 2009, 09:55 AM
But it's much easier to just SSH and fix it.

If not, you're gonna be restoring your phone alot because this is not that uncommon with Cydia.

Do some reading, learn to SSH, it is very easy. Think of it as Drag & Drop for iPhone.

DHLizard: I'm great with SSH and iFile, but I can't seem to get rid of a bad repo entry that tries to load into Cydia. At some point I must have typoed "Xsellixe" instead of "Xsellize" as part of a repo URL. I clear everything in the apt lists etc but I still get the error. Help!

Update: I HOPE I have resolved this once and for all. I finally found the cydia list used to retrieve repos at /etc/apt/sources.list.d. I went into that file and deleted by bad entry. So far I've started Cydia 3 times without error. Fingers crossed!

dhlizard
Dec 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
DHLizard: I'm great with SSH and iFile, but I can't seem to get rid of a bad repo entry that tries to load into Cydia. At some point I must have typoed "Xsellixe" instead of "Xsellize" as part of a repo URL. I clear everything in the apt lists etc but I still get the error. Help!

Update: I HOPE I have resolved this once and for all. I finally found the cydia list used to retrieve repos at /etc/apt/sources.list.d. I went into that file and deleted by bad entry. So far I've started Cydia 3 times without error. Fingers crossed!

Just had to fix a Cydia issue myself yesterday or the day before. Used this method:

Go into private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete all files except partial folder. That fixed the problem

Then used Terminal

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
First updates the sources, second checks for package upgrades and such.

Running perfectly now.

Benji222
May 5, 2010, 09:14 PM
Just had to fix a Cydia issue myself yesterday or the day before. Used this method:

Go into private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete all files except partial folder. That fixed the problem

Then used Terminal

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
First updates the sources, second checks for package upgrades and such.

Running perfectly now.
Can you explain this a little more thoroughly >.<? sorry

-aggie-
May 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
Can you explain this a little more thoroughly >.<? sorry

If you don't understand it, you probably shouldn't do it. Seriously the instructions are pretty clear. You must not have experience with Terminal, right??

Benji222
May 5, 2010, 10:10 PM
Trying to learn.
I terminled and tried the commands but to no avail.

nevermind i see what i was doing wrong and it didnt help :/