PDA

View Full Version : "done" button no longer blue

chenks
Dec 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
i've done something and the "done" button i have in the top corner is no longer blue.

no matter what i do i can't seem to make it blue again, even removing and re-adding the button.

any ideas how to get this to be blue again?

KoolStar
Dec 13, 2009, 10:29 PM
I had that same problem one time, however I removed the code to create the button, cleaned targets, built it. Then re added the button and it was fine.

chenks
Dec 25, 2009, 12:31 PM
I had that same problem one time, however I removed the code to create the button, cleaned targets, built it. Then re added the button and it was fine.

when you say "removed the code to create the button" do you that you simply deleted the button in IB?

also, what do you mean by "cleaned targets" ?

TodVader
Dec 25, 2009, 09:50 PM
Clean targets means Build -> Clean All Targets. It deleted the executable and completely recompiles it next time you compile. You can also delete the "build" folder in your xcode project too. Don't do this while compiling.

KoolStar
Dec 26, 2009, 12:55 PM
By removing the code, I had created the button in code. In IB make sure you check the System style of done in the inspector.

chenks
Dec 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
ok still can't get this resolved.

removed the button in IB, did the clean targets, re-added the button and it's still black.

if i create a new app and add a "done" button, it is blue by default.

KoolStar
Dec 26, 2009, 02:56 PM
Do you have a tint color on the toolbar or navigation bar that you are using in IB?

chenks
Dec 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
Do you have a tint color on the toolbar or navigation bar that you are using in IB?

it's as shown on the image at the top of the thread.
toolbar that the "done" button is sitting on has tint and background set to "black".

i assume then any button sitting on the toolbar is affected by its colour and tint?

KoolStar
Dec 26, 2009, 03:06 PM
That is what im thinking. If you remove the tint and change the background color to clear. Then set the toolbar or navbar to a uibarstyleblackopaque.

Darkroom
Dec 27, 2009, 09:04 AM
i assume then any button sitting on the toolbar is affected by its colour and tint?

your assumption is correct.

chenks
Dec 27, 2009, 09:11 AM
your assumption is correct.

that sucks then.

what if i want a blue bar with a red button, how would i achieve that ?

Darkroom
Dec 28, 2009, 07:40 AM
that sucks then.

what if i want a blue bar with a red button, how would i achieve that ?

no one is chained to using apple's built-in UI, you certainly can create your own. however, you may want to check out erica sadun's book. i don't have it in front of me now to reference, but she may have written about some tricks that you would find useful.

chenks
Dec 28, 2009, 07:41 AM
make your own?

as a workaround that is OK, but it seems a strange limitation of the IB if that is the only solution.