Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s_italy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
I have a new G5 (with ADC and DVI) that should be connected to VGA monitor and to a TV with S-video.

I'm using DVI to VGA little connector (that goes with each G5) to hook up my VGA monitor.

For TV I was thinking to get (ADC to DVI connector cable - $29 at apple site) + (DVI to S-Video connector cable $19 at Apple store)

I was confused by a MacMall tech guy saying that these ADC to DVI connectors, displayed on Apple website and produced by Belkin are for G4 and G4 cubes and he wasn't sure if I can use it for G5. On Apple website it doesn't say also that it fits G5. Well, I would guess that ADC ports are always the same regardless of computer...

Please advise what would be the best way to connect two displays (one is VGA, another is with s-video) to G5 with ADC and DVI ports.
Am I on the right way?

Thank you!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
:rolleyes: There is no such thing as DVI for the G4 or ADC for the G5. DVI is DVI and ADC is ADC on whichever computer you have the ports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.