PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch In For Repair, AppleCare Almost Done

JacobHolmes
Dec 13, 2009, 05:11 PM
So here's my problem, I dropped off my iPod at FedEx on the 9th, then it got to Apple on the 10th, it has been there for 3 days, and I'm wondering when they will start repairing it. I don't care how long it takes but my problem is that my AppleCare runs out on the 24th, so if Apple still has my iPod then what will happen? Will they even send it back??? How long does an iPod repair usually take (In my case the Home button stopped working).

Thanks for listening, any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

ouimetnick
Dec 13, 2009, 08:48 PM
You should call and ask. When apple got my iPod, they donors servic the days it came in after diagnostics and crap. They said I tried to take it apart, but what ever. I would jar thought it the mark want there, they would have shipped me a replacement the same day, or next day. This I in the U.S. by the way. So give them a call and find out if they don't do anything by Wednesday.

jaw04005
Dec 13, 2009, 09:46 PM
Since you initiated the work order before your AppleCare warranty expired, there's no need to worry. It's not like they return all iPods that are in for service on the day their warranties expire.

Additionally, you'll receive up to 90 days of additional warranty beyond your AppleCare coverage on the replacement/returned iPod against the original issue reappearing.