Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I just noticed that the database behind the site is now failing when looking for all posts by a member, if that member has many posts.

For example, try to find all posts by Mr. Anderson. Doesn't work.

It seems that the user with the largest number of posts which can actually be seen is AmbitiousLemon, although this might change by the time you read this.

I haven't tested every member, obviously, but I can't seem to see posts for members with a lot of posts, and I can seem to see them for members with fewer posts.

New problem?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I noticed I couldn't search for a post I made when I tried yesterday either. :(

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Well, if you guys weren't so freaking prolific, you wouldn't have the problem, now would you? ;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Works for me, and I have 3092 posts at time of writing (much more than AmbitiousLemon at 1920).

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Hm, doesn't work for me either, and I use that function a lot too. I thought it was just me, but apparently not. Weird that it's arbitrary though! Why would it work for Nermal? What's your secret? :p

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Guess what!?!

Doesn't work for me either! :eek: (searching for 5339 posts :D)

Where is arn? :confused: Dead? :eek: I haven't seen him around in a long time now...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Maybe it has something to do with someone who has posts that occurred in a given span of time? I can't figure it out. As of now, idkew and moxiemike have the same number of posts - yet I cannot see idkew's posts whereas I can see moxiemike's. On the other hand, I can see the posts of those who joined immediately before and after idkew. Nermal proves it isn't based on post count alone.

This is all very odd, and is a bit worrisome - the database underlying MacRumors might be starting to crumble.

And arn does seem to have faded from view, at least for now. Hopefully, he'll be back in full strength soon!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Hey, whatever it was, that last crash and repair a few minutes ago fixed it, at least for the few members I checked.

It takes forever as of right now to get posts by some (like Mr. Anderson). But it works again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.