Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reese.reimers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I am wondering where I should start with my iPod Classic. I just got off the phone and as it turns out I am two weeks out of warranty. I knew I was cutting it close but I just didn't have the funds at the time to purchase AppleCare. So...now I am looking to fix whatever happens to be wrong with my iPod Classic. I turned it on this morning and noticed there was a black horizontal line going across the screen. The line appears to be one pixel thick. It isn't really an issue as I don't watch videos on my iPod, seems to just be bothersome. Where would you guys begin? Should I start with replacing the screen?

Thanks for your help, guess I should have just bought AppleCare when I bought it.

reese.reimers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Yeah, it functions properly. I am just afraid this is the start of the screen going out and I would like to fix it now before the problem gets worse. I feel fairly confident in replacing the screen as I have opened up an iPod video that was given to me in an attempt to repair water damage. Either way, I just thought I would ask to see if anyone else has had issues with this so I had an idea of where to begin.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I see this issue with ipods people are selling on ebay. They ipod classic is harder to open than the video since the metal facing is more rounded and is more prone to knicks and bending the metal back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.