PDA

View Full Version : apple customer services (dont make me laugh)

rogerw
Aug 9, 2004, 11:23 AM
Has any one dealt with the twats at apple customer relations/technical lately?
I have a dog of a G3 ibook which is 18 months old and has back to apple 3 times for repair (logic board). up to now been collected and returned in a week. not bad eh?

Latest fault, same thing. But now i had to wait 2 weeks (after countless hours on phone) for a box to send it back in, then they picked it up 3 days later (over a weekend, so no prob there) and we rang after after seven days to see when it will be returned. the response was that the ibook is not registered so until it is they cant repair it. Thats funny as they have 3 times before, but no they have no record. they were sitting on this registered thing until we rang to enquire. WTF would have happened if we hadnt rang?!!!!!!
After more than an hour on the phone it is now 'registered again'. now it will be another week possibly for the repair and if it needs parts poss 3 weeks.
So far 4 weeks and the effing thing hasnt been looked at yet. Not bad for a computer that is used for business.
Was thinking about getting a new powerbook any time soon but if the (uk) technical/customer relations dept are like this now, I honestly will think twice. Having a tooth pulled would be a more pleasurable experience.

Funny thing was that when i rang to let them know about the latest fault, the girl said that because it had gone back so many times b4 they would give it special treatment this time!!!

Oh and by the way, no point in complaining cos there aint no one there to complain to

BillClinton
Aug 9, 2004, 11:36 AM
Has any one dealt with the twats at apple customer relations/technical lately?
I have a dog of a G3 ibook which is 18 months old and has back to apple 3 times for repair (logic board). up to now been collected and returned in a week. not bad eh?

Latest fault, same thing. But now i had to wait 2 weeks (after countless hours on phone) for a box to send it back in, then they picked it up 3 days later (over a weekend, so no prob there) and we rang after after seven days to see when it will be returned. the response was that the ibook is not registered so until it is they cant repair it. Thats funny as they have 3 times before, but no they have no record. they were sitting on this registered thing until we rang to enquire. WTF would have happened if we hadnt rang?!!!!!!
After more than an hour on the phone it is now 'registered again'. now it will be another week possibly for the repair and if it needs parts poss 3 weeks.
So far 4 weeks and the effing thing hasnt been looked at yet. Not bad for a computer that is used for business.
Was thinking about getting a new powerbook any time soon but if the (uk) technical/customer relations dept are like this now, I honestly will think twice. Having a tooth pulled would be a more pleasurable experience.

Funny thing was that when i rang to let them know about the latest fault, the girl said that because it had gone back so many times b4 they would give it special treatment this time!!!

Oh and by the way, no point in complaining cos there aint no one there to complain to

Many other users have complained about Apple UK's customer service, sorry that it sucks so bad.

7on
Aug 9, 2004, 11:39 AM
The logic board contains the computer's serial number and is registered with Apple, I believe, when someone purchases AppleCare. The techs last time just forgot to register the number. That explains that.

The phone twats are ridiculous yes, but I do find the in Store folks helpful. It makes me wish they had parts in stock so I'd not have to send my computer to the fixit place :(

rogerw
Aug 9, 2004, 01:13 PM
Many other users have complained about Apple UK's customer service, sorry that it sucks so bad.
ta, but no need for you to apologise, but i thought i had left this bollox service with the pc brigade.
anyway ive calmed down a bit now....just a bit

no probs with the apple store though, however dont check order status cos ive had stuff delivered when the status shows it hasnt been