PDA

View Full Version : Mouse

Washac
Dec 15, 2009, 06:50 AM
Hi All

Looking for an alternate wired mouse to the Mighty Mouse thats works flawlessly on a Mac Pro under Snow Leopard.

Also an answer from somebody on this who does not get any kernel panics would be good. I ask this because I have
read of somebody who was using a MS mouse which should have worked on a Mac Pro but turned out that the software
provided with said MS mouse was calling bad Kernel Extensions and was therefore causing Panics.

Thanks.

vogelhausdesign
Dec 15, 2009, 10:17 AM
Everyone here would be glad to assist you, but a few things need to be addressed. Mice are made for different types of user, casual, design, gaming, even programing..

Tell us what you do with your mouse ( besides click ) IE. Graphic design..
and what you don't like about the mighty mouse so that those problems can be remedied

Transporteur
Dec 15, 2009, 10:42 AM
I ask this because I have
read of somebody who was using a MS mouse which should have worked on a Mac Pro but turned out that the software
provided with said MS mouse was calling bad Kernel Extensions and was therefore causing Panics..

I use Microsoft IntelliPoint mice with my Macs since 10.4. No problems whatsoever and the driver MS offers are absolutely great.
Work with Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard and do NOT cause any panics.

Great mouse for very little money and best of all, you can use it's own acceleration which is exactly the same as in Windows. So no crappy OS X acceleration any more. Thank you Mircosoft! :)

Washac
Dec 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
Everyone here would be glad to assist you, but a few things need to be addressed. Mice are made for different types of user, casual, design, gaming, even programing..

Tell us what you do with your mouse ( besides click ) IE. Graphic design..
and what you don't like about the mighty mouse so that those problems can be remedied

Yes sorry I see what you mean..

Well the mouse needs to be a good all rounder I suppose, but I do play online and offline RPGs quite a bit.