PDA

View Full Version : educational Panther and Apple soho store.

chrislee8
Aug 9, 2004, 03:42 PM
couple of things:

1, Long story short, I want to buy educational copy of Panther off Apple Soho store, the guy on the phone told me I could do so right off the store, so I got there and take the Panther to the cashier, OH, NO! the first cashier didn't know what is going on, she said, educational copy? I said yes, I call earilier, they just told me to come to the store. she looks so confused about 'educational copy', did they train her? 2nd casheir came in, said they don't sell educational copy off the store, so I explained again, no use. I wasted my whole morning.
WTF

2, I found out off apple.com that the Apple Soho store opens 7x24 for the convenience of the customer, I decided to go to get Panther (not educational this time, because I gave up), got there 8:30 so that I can go to work on time, BOOM!, stored closed.
WTF2, I wasted so much time on this sh$T.

Just to share my experience, maybe you are much luckier than me. too bad for me.

liketom
Aug 9, 2004, 03:48 PM
nice story so did you get panther ???

jeremy.king
Aug 9, 2004, 03:56 PM
Usually apple stores don't sell SOFTWARE at .edu prices. They will, however, sell hardware at the discount, as I have done this in the past.

If you are truly a student, I don't see why you don't just buy it from the Apple Education store online. Is it really that hard to wait for the UPS guy to deliver the package :rolleyes: It is only $69.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

sonofslim
Aug 9, 2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.apple.com/retail/soho/

store hours are right there... 10am is the earliest they open. not sure where you saw different.

ExoticFish
Aug 9, 2004, 04:41 PM
the only thing you can buy for education pricing at the apple store is apple branded hardware unfortunately.

chrislee8
Aug 9, 2004, 07:39 PM
nice story so did you get panther ???

what do u think? nah, i backed up, I will stick with Jaguar, since I will use my PB to do low level programming. I don't need some fancy features, one thing I hated, as I said in my other posts, I couldn't find enough resource on the 'net to program in OS < 10.3. But I will find my way through, unless I dont have a choice, til that time, maybe i will get tiger. Time will tell.

I swear to GOD I found somewhere said soho 24x7 man, coudln't find it now, oh well, like i said, too bad for me then.

I knew about the apple online store for edu discount, I just want to pick it up, u know, it feels better. :)

thanks guy, i release my anger. :P