PDA

View Full Version : ipod says "Please wait, very low battery" WHY is this happening?

grosslyclever
Dec 15, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hello all,

Important Story:

One day, after using my ipod for over 2 years I charged it to full battery. I listened to some music as always, then all of the sudden it shuts off! I reset it and it just kept turning on and off, on and off. Finally I got it to stop turning on a off, but instead it said "Please wait, very low battery". After charging the battery again, to full power, it worked fine, then the same thing happened...over and over and over.

I have an ipod video black 5g.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
GC

macsarethebest
Dec 15, 2009, 05:51 PM
you need a new battery: after that long, the electrons just zip away.

grosslyclever
Dec 15, 2009, 06:31 PM
you need a new battery: after that long, the electrons just zip away.
uhhh...really? Alright...ughhh

macsarethebest
Dec 15, 2009, 06:33 PM
yep. its happened to several ipods of mine... after about 2 or 3 years, kaplunk.:p

pukifloyd
Dec 15, 2009, 06:47 PM
Your batter is dead. If you want to replace it check out www.ifixit.com or take it to apple store. Apple will charge $60(not sure)...and you can do it for half the price from ifixit.

If I were you I'd use this ipod as an external hard disk or sell it on ebay and buy a new ipod touch:D

macsarethebest
Dec 15, 2009, 08:37 PM
like i said ^^^^^ :D also try rapidrepair.com and powerbookmedic.com for a battery.

appledyl
Dec 15, 2009, 09:13 PM
just get an old portable cassette player and a tape deck with giant speakers. They WORK MUCH BETTER!!!! :) and they're cheap and easily recordable.

three
Dec 15, 2009, 11:04 PM
I've gotten a few of these with this same problem, leaving it on the charger doesn't help since it can't get to the part in the boot process where it can charge. Get a new battery and that should be able to fix it. I have seen batteries for $10 on eBay.