Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Apple has issued an update to iDisk making it version 1.1

Unable to download the newest version because of a AppStore error... It just downloads the old version.

photo-3.jpg

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I was just about to post the same thing. I like the new icon a lot. Looks better on my home screen.

Is this the first time that Apple has changed an icon for one of their non-built-in apps? Not that they have a bunch anyway I suppose.

I've also been having a lot of problems lately with apps installing the old version. Does anyone have any answer for why that keeps happening? Is it our devices or iTunes fault? Usually after trying a few times I give up and try again the next day and it installs fine, so I assume it is on Apple's side. Oh good, it just finished installing and its the old version again. Guess I'll try again tomorrow!

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I can't update it. Actually, none of my updates are working (I have 7). They ALL download the old version of the app and when I hit update it never asked me for my PW (even after restarting and trying again). Just said "Loading" then "Installing" then the apps went back to the old ones.

-Restart, no luck
-Update in iTunes and sync over, no luck
-Delete app and reinstall, no luck.

Who knows... :rolleyes:

rcownley

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
I'm having the same problem with a few apps not updating to new versions. I'll give it a day or two to see if it clears up, if not I'll book myself into the doctors.

mattdb

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
updating problems

I too am having regular application update problems (inc iDisk 1.1). It's happening for about 66% of updates and started several weeks ago. I will have a go at contacting Apple and let you know how I get on :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.