Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Source

The application opens with Bing's daily image, complete with facts about what they're displaying, which is rather nice feature. You can opt to search for images, movies, maps, businesses, news, directions, or just plain ol' search, depending on what you're after; the maps feature works well, with the location part of it working quickly and accurately.

Download

navguy

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2009
Suprisingly impressive - voice search, maps w/ traffic, directions - at first glance, better than Google ... thx for sharing!

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I like it because unlike the google mobile app, you can do voice search on the ipod touch with headphones that have a microphone. This is going on my home screen.

son512

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2009
Wow!!! bye bye google web search. Hello Bing!

The voice search is really cool. Its a bit faster than google and the interface is nicer

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
This isn't working for me at all. Has anyone outside the US got it working? It's not finding results for anything. Even using a VPN doesn't help.

Zorro1869

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
I live in the U.S. and it is working great for me. The interface is nice, the voice search is great, etc. The only complaint I have is that the map component seems much slower than google. Otherwise, I think I'll keep it on my phone for a while and see how it does!

titaniummd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
Wow!!! bye bye google web search. Hello Bing!

The voice search is really cool. Its a bit faster than google and the interface is nicer

I agree. It is better than Google and even when searching on Safari, for me. The map feature is better than Google Maps or Google Earth. Turn by Turn Directions are really good also.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Personally, it is basically the same as the Google app feature wise. The main feature Bing has that the Google app doesn't is it integrates the maps app withing the Bing app. With the Google App, you have to launch the Maps app which exits the Google app.

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Worth a look

I was initially biased against this, having seen some real unintuitive stuff coming from Microsoft.
This was quite a surprise and is really worth checking out.
I preferred the photo search over safari mobile, and the map integration is quite solid. Seems to run smoothly (3gs on wifi).

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
great app, bing returns some great search results, too. I often seem to get a more-rich search result with Bing over Google. Google could use some serious competition in the search game, they are getting less-than-great in that department, spreading themselves thin by attempting to take over the world!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.