Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindmar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
It's been about 6 months since I converted an MKVs to AppleTV but I have a HD one I want to convert.

I did a Google Search for "converting MKV to AppleTV" which gave me a lot of the old info I knew...

So I tacked December 2009 onto my search and found a bunch of references to this

http://www.pavtube.com/mkv-converter-mac/

Wonder if anyone has tried it or knows anything about it?

I am looking for the quickest, easiest, best way to convert HD MKVS to AppleTV ready files.

Thanks

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
It's been about 6 months since I converted an MKVs to AppleTV but I have a HD one I want to convert.

I did a Google Search for "converting MKV to AppleTV" which gave me a lot of the old info I knew...

So I tacked December 2009 onto my search and found a bunch of references to this

I am looking for the quickest, easiest, best way to convert HD MKVS to AppleTV ready files.

Thanks

Why not just use Handbrake?

lindmar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Why not just use Handbrake?

I'm just asking if this is any better. Handbrake was always flaky for me and I've constantly used VisualHub.

Just seeing whats new in the world of getting MKV's ready..

Also if the video in the MKV is X264. Do I need to convert or just remux?

Will Handbrake automatically passthrough video it doesnt need to convert.

hsia12210

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks

Hi guys!
My pleasure to give you my suggestions.
I used it, rip mkv to my PS3, worked fine!
choose H.264 + AAC as video + audio codec,
I prefer Pavtube one because of its fast conversion speed and its pretty good output video and audio whcih satisfy me.It is said that this software applies unique audio and video sync technology which can guarantee the audio and video match.
I hope it will be of great help for you:)

Overview of Pavtube MKV Converter form their site
Pavtube MKV Converter for Mac is a splendid MKV Converter on Mac OS X, which can perfectly transfer MKV file you downloaded with Emule, Limewire, or BT for any popular portable devices. You can take it as an MKV to iPod converter, MKV to iPhone converter, MKV to iPhone 3G converter, MKV to Apple TV converter, MKV to PSP converter, MKV to BlackBerry converter, MKV to Creative Zen converter, MKV to iriver converter, MKV to Zune converter, MKV to iMovie converter, MKV to FLV converter, etc.

Have a good day!
Neo Bai

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
That looks exactly like the 23234234234235234 similars apps with the same interface who ripoff opensource software.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
Think your thread got spammed... :rolleyes:

I would recommend you give the latest version Handbrake another try. I have never had any issues with it that wasn't caused by a poorly encoded MKV.

Transcoding may take a while, but the quality is unmatched, you can pass-through 5.1 AC3 audio, and your file is certain to work on your ATV.

Oh, and it's free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.