Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NinaPooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
Hi all, about a week ago I started a post asking about getting a Mac. Well, I took all of your good advice, and my 12" ibook finally came today. So far, I'm very very happy with my purchase (still trying to figure everything out though, but I'm a quick leaner :cool: ). Once again, thanks everyone who helped. Hopefully a month from now, I will be the proud owner of an ipod to go with my ibook. :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Congrats! The 12" iBook is a great system at a good price - enjoy! As always, feel free to post any questions....

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
NinaPooh said:
Hi all, about a week ago I started a post asking about getting a Mac. Well, I took all of your good advice, and my 12" ibook finally came today. So far, I'm very very happy with my purchase (still trying to figure everything out though, but I'm a quick leaner :cool: ). Once again, thanks everyone who helped. Hopefully a month from now, I will be the proud owner of an ipod to go with my ibook. :D

How long did your 12" iBook take to arrive (from the day you ordered)? I just ordered one to replace my old iMac (since I needed a portable system in addition to my G5), and it has an estimated ship date of "On or Before 08/17" :( I don't mind though, I've got a shiny new G5 to play with :D!

NinaPooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
I ordered my ibook on July 31st and got it today 8/9/2004. I consider that to be pretty quick. I have a dumb question for people with ibooks. I was just messing around on my computer and decided to play Tony Hawk's Proskater and on the bottom of the screen it says to press like "0" to make a selection or something. I press "0" and nothing happens, I end up having to just hit enter, which is fine until I start skating and you have to push different letters and number for commands and it doesn't do anything. I really don't care about the game, just wondering if there is something wrong with my ibook? :( My keyboard works fine on everything else.

ozone

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Ontario, Canada
NinaPooh said:
I ordered my ibook on July 31st and got it today 8/9/2004. I consider that to be pretty quick.

Congrats!.. but arggghhh... I ordered my PB on July 23 and it hasn't even gotten out of Apple's door yet. 18 days and counting. I think somebody hates me.

NinaPooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
I was able to fix the problem with the game. Said I was a quick learner :cool: .

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Congrats!
Enjoy!

I also grabbed Sidetrack straight away...

I originally was going to get a BTO PB but then figured I didn't think I could stand the waiting game... to upgrade HDD speed and video...

so I chucked in 1 GB of RAM and walked out of the shop with my 17" PN then and there!

No looking back at all yet!!

_yetta

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2004
NinaPooh said:

Are you going to use the cram and jam deal? You can still buy the ipod now (until the 25th of sept) and send in the mail in rebate once you get it. I don't think they even ask for proof just click "student" then "check out details"

DrPepper

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2004
Arizona
dejaentendu said:
I thought I read somewhere that both the computer and iPod have to be on the same receipt?

yea, i read the fine print on the rebate, the computer and ipod have to be on the same bill

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2004
DrPepper said:
yea, i read the fine print on the rebate, the computer and ipod have to be on the same bill

I have ordered a notebook + a iPod at the same time but they were not shipped together. Apple sent me 2 bills in my e-mail.

That's a problem?

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
I troubled myself and went into the Apple store to get that mistake corrected. I have read that people have been successful in getting the rebate without having them on the same receipt. Some have recommended to call in and ask. I am not sure which is right.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Congratulations on your new purchase, it is really nice when new users come back and say how they are getting on. I hope you really enjoy your new iBook.

DrPepper

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2004
Arizona
Cooper said:
I have ordered a notebook + a iPod at the same time but they were not shipped together. Apple sent me 2 bills in my e-mail.

That's a problem?

u should be fine, i do alot of non-apple rebates, if u do have a problem call their # and tell them your story

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.