PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth keyboard

puckhead193
Aug 9, 2004, 11:49 PM
I decide to take the plung and I bought the Logitech MX900 and the kyboard in the set, since i want and external keyobard. I figured it would work because its bluetooth, a stanard platform. It says it won't work with a mac, but it works the only thing that doesn't work are the hot keys like the email, messenger, etc. The only buttons that work are the volume and expose buttons. Any idea on how to program the hot buttons.
I have the same issue on the mouse. I would like to program the back/foward button on the mouse for safari use.
Thanks for your help!

wrldwzrd89
Aug 10, 2004, 05:34 AM
I decide to take the plung and I bought the Logitech MX900 and the kyboard in the set, since i want and external keyobard. I figured it would work because its bluetooth, a stanard platform. It says it won't work with a mac, but it works the only thing that doesn't work are the hot keys like the email, messenger, etc. The only buttons that work are the volume and expose buttons. Any idea on how to program the hot buttons.
I have the same issue on the mouse. I would like to program the back/foward button on the mouse for safari use.
Thanks for your help!
I'm afraid the only way to do such programming is with external software, since no tool for doing this sort of thing comes with Mac OS X. The software that came with the keyboard obviously won't work, since it's Windows-only. I just did a search on VersionTracker (http://www.versiontracker.com/), and came up with nothing.

wrldwzrd89
Aug 10, 2004, 05:38 AM
The Mac Forums database is barfing on my previous post - it keeps giving me errors whenever I try to edit it, and it errored when I originally posted it.

sebisworld
Aug 10, 2004, 06:29 AM
Try GamePad Companion - and pray for USB Overdrive.