PDA

View Full Version : Sony BT101 w/ iPhone 3Gs Questions. Help?

nicktunz
Dec 17, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Just joined the forum today, specifically to get help with these bluetooth headphones I just got: Sony BT101.

Does anyone know any sort of work around or update to get the skip (previous/next) button to work? I'm pretty surprised anyone would design a pair of headphones that don't work fully with an iPhone, but I guess it's possible.

If I can't figure it out, they are getting returned, in which case, I'd need an opinion on some "over-the-head" phones that are bluetooth and have full compatibility with the iPhone.

Thanks,
-nick

dschultz
Dec 17, 2009, 07:55 PM
I think the problem is the way Apple implemented the Bluetooth profiles on the iPhone. I am also thinking there are no Bluetooth headphones that support track skip.

I have the BT101; They are nice but the fit a bit loose.

Dave

nicktunz
Dec 18, 2009, 12:36 AM
What? Really? There aren't any bluetooth headphones that support track skip?
That pretty much doesn't make sense to me. Man, if that is true. Why does apple do these random dumb things with their iPhone? I love Apple, and I love my iPhone, but this crap has to start. I was in dis-belief when they didn't allow MMS. Equally surprised how long it took to get video into the phone. Now this? I mean seriously. I'm sure you guys have had this conversation already, so I apologize, but come on.

If this is true, maybe I'll just hold on to these Sony's. They are pretty decent, particularly for the price. They fit me a little tight, but I also have a large head. Maybe they'll break in.

nicktunz
Dec 18, 2009, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=nicktunz;8971457] I love Apple, and I love my iPhone, but this crap has to start. QUOTE]

Edit: start = stop