PDA

View Full Version : Address Book and DVD Question

paxtonandrew
Aug 10, 2004, 02:08 AM
Hello,

I have two questions you guys may be able to help me with,

First: is it possible to import your address book contacts from another computer, and if so, could you tell me how,

And

Second: what software could you recommend to extract Dvds to my hdd? I am using 'Mac the ripper', but there is no players that understand the format.

Thanks for your help

robbieduncan
Aug 10, 2004, 03:16 AM
I think you can use the Back up Database.../Revert to Database Backup commands (in the File Menu) to do this. Backup the database, copy the file to the new machine and then revert to that file. .Mac backup can also do this.

You can also probably just copy all the contents of ~Library/Application Support/AddressBook/ from one machine to the other.

Brize
Aug 10, 2004, 04:58 AM
I am using 'Mac the ripper', but there is no players that understand the format.

Can you elaborate on this? You should be able to use the OS X DVD Player to play DVDs that you've backed up to your HDD. If you're looking for an alternative to MacTheRipper, try DVDBackup (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18599).

brevhead
Aug 10, 2004, 06:10 AM
i use a program called handbrake to rip the dvds, makes them around 700meg. Also use VLC to play back most movies/videos

i got both programs from www.suprnova.org (bit torrent using my PC) but if you do a search on google or something i'm sure you'll be able to hunt them down, i'm pretty sure they are both freeware :cool: