Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avizzv92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I'm upgrading my HD on my Macbook, I read that you need a Torx T9 and I also read a place that suggested a Torx T8. I was going to pick one up at the hardware store (I don't own either) and I was wondering which size is better? Or perhaps it just doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance!

Avizzv92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I should have been more specific, I have a late 2007 non-unibody Macbook. That one on the ifixit site is for unibody Macbook's.

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I bought a small precision screwdriver kit that came with about 50 bits of varying sizes, including T3 thru T12 or something. Cost 8.99 at Harbor Freight.

milton.sheaf

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
I'm upgrading my HD on my Macbook, I read that you need a Torx T9 and I also read a place that suggested a Torx T8. I was going to pick one up at the hardware store (I don't own either) and I was wondering which size is better? Or perhaps it just doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance!
Buy a torx set. Apple laptops use a variety of different torx fasteners. Wiha makes a very very nice set, made in Germany, not china like most others, and only costs ~$15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.