PDA

View Full Version : Anandtech to do Mac Articles

iNetwork
Aug 10, 2004, 07:03 AM
Finally, some quality evaluation of the technology behind Apple Computers. I beleive they will be as un-biased as possible. Read what Anand has to say in his blog
http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/default.aspx#124

Snip from blog:
Next up is the long awaited Mac section - bringing up the first question: when will it have articles?

We've had some contacts at Apple show interest in the section, but I think there is still hesitation since we are a very PC oriented site and I think they are afraid it will be more of the usual "oh it looks pretty but is overpriced and slow" type of reviews. The article that I hope changes that is my Mac experience article which I've been working on for quite some time, but I'm still not happy with. It's probably one of the most difficult articles I've had to write because it's reviewing an experience that is very difficult to quantify. There are many strengths to the Mac platform, but just as many weaknesses; the same can be said about the PC platform, but truly evaluating the two and drawing any sort of conclusive...conclusions is difficult. I'm still working on it and it is scheduled to go live while I'm away this month, I'm just hoping I can finish it in time. I want it to be perfect, and perfection is often times difficult to achieve if you're picky :)

Abstract
Aug 10, 2004, 07:19 AM
*takes Anandtech off "The List" *