PDA

View Full Version : Vista or XP for gaming

fenderbass146
Dec 19, 2009, 10:09 AM
I get free copies of vista and xp, which one should I use in boot camp to play games like call of duty 4 5 and 6 and a few other shooters maybe.. which would be better?

thejadedmonkey
Dec 19, 2009, 10:15 AM
XP, but Windows 7 would be best.

thermodynamic
Dec 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
I get free copies of vista and xp, which one should I use in boot camp to play games like call of duty 4 5 and 6 and a few other shooters maybe.. which would be better?

I moved to the Mac because of Vista.

Stick with XP or take the same $199 and buy a Wii... :D

Win7 is a big improvement on Vista, but all the benchmarks I've read show XP is still faster by a fair margin.

And it's Microsoft. Unprofessional puke-a-rama.

Re-reading, sorry to hear you're getting free licenses. They should pay you to use them. :D

ayeying
Dec 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
I moved to the Mac because of Vista.

Stick with XP or take the same $199 and buy a Wii... :D

Win7 is a big improvement on Vista, but all the benchmarks I've read show XP is still faster by a fair margin.

And it's Microsoft. Unprofessional puke-a-rama.

Re-reading, sorry to hear you're getting free licenses. They should pay you to use them. :D

Not according to this benchmark. In fact, XP is the slowest of them all and Vista being the fastest.

http://www.overclockers.com/windows-showdown-8-operating-systems-6-benchmarks/

Gabriel GR
Dec 19, 2009, 10:43 AM
Not according to this benchmark. In fact, XP is the slowest of them all and Vista being the fastest.

http://www.overclockers.com/windows-showdown-8-operating-systems-6-benchmarks/

XP and vista in that test have been tweaked with nlite.

EndlessMac
Dec 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
I have XP installed on my Boot Camp partition. The times I have used Vista I didn't like it much so I think you can guess which I like better. ;)

Kat King123
Dec 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
i use XP pro sp3 just because of the faster boot times and the more hard disk space it gives me compared to win7 which takes like 7gb with the saved space from xp you can install anther game. Plus all i do is play games in xp nothing else so theres no point for the extra eye-candy:D

ildondeigiocchi
Dec 22, 2009, 03:08 PM
XP, but Windows 7 would be best.

+1 for this. Win7 Ultimate 64-bit would be your best option. Plus its so much better as an OS compared to XP which is hellishly outdated and Vista aka "FIASCO" . I game on my Mac Pro under Windows and Win7 has really been an improvement over XP. :D