Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speters

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2009
I think that I am going to be using xmbc or plex to play back my dvd and blu ray movies that I have transfered to my hd's. I know that there are going to be two different places where I have to set me resolution, in the computers display prefs and then in side of xmbc or plex. I have my computer hooked up to and external video processor, the dvdo Iscan VP50. The that goes into my front projector, the JVC RS1. I am wondering if there is anyway that you can have the res on the computer and xmbc automatically change when it detects a specific signal, ie. 480i, 720p, 1080p?

Thanks,
Steve

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think that I am going to be using xmbc or plex to play back my dvd and blu ray movies that I have transfered to my hd's. I know that there are going to be two different places where I have to set me resolution, in the computers display prefs and then in side of xmbc or plex. I have my computer hooked up to and external video processor, the dvdo Iscan VP50. The that goes into my front projector, the JVC RS1. I am wondering if there is anyway that you can have the res on the computer and xmbc automatically change when it detects a specific signal, ie. 480i, 720p, 1080p?

Thanks,
Steve

The computer will scale whatever video to fill the screen. Any reason you need to change resolution?

speters

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2009
because I am using an external vp

I need to feed my video processor the native res of the media I am trying to play back. The VP50 does a better job of video processing than the mac does, especially when it come to upconverting dvd's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.