Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I have a file on my Apple TV that keeps popping up. None of the files in my iTunes library show it as having the same time (1 hour, 34 minutes) and the file I believe is on the ATV drive because when I turn off iTunes the file is still there (I don't sync anything to the ATV, only stream).

This file was on the device for a long time. I patchsticked my ATV last week, decided I didn't care for the features and then factory restored again, then updated. The file was gone, I think (not sure), but at any rate, its back. What could it be and how can I get rid of it? I haven't rented anything or bought anything on the device since restoring and updating.

theyommer

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2008
Apple TV Ghost File

I have a file on my Apple TV that keeps popping up. None of the files in my iTunes library show it as having the same time (1 hour, 34 minutes) and the file I believe is on the ATV drive because when I turn off iTunes the file is still there (I don't sync anything to the ATV, only stream).

This file was on the device for a long time. I patchsticked my ATV last week, decided I didn't care for the features and then factory restored again, then updated. The file was gone, I think (not sure), but at any rate, its back. What could it be and how can I get rid of it? I haven't rented anything or bought anything on the device since restoring and updating.

I'm having same issues here. Podcasts from many weeks ago still show up in Apple TV's My Podcast section even though those files are not on my iMac. It gives me a file format error if I try to play it on the ATV. I've searched my iMac to see if those files are still on the harddrive but using Spotlight, I am unable to locate them. Let's see if others have any thoughts.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I'm having same issues here. Podcasts from many weeks ago still show up in Apple TV's My Podcast section even though those files are not on my iMac. It gives me a file format error if I try to play it on the ATV. I've searched my iMac to see if those files are still on the harddrive but using Spotlight, I am unable to locate them. Let's see if others have any thoughts.

No thoughts, but my AppleTV has podcasts that I've long unsubscribed from and deleted, yet they still show up in the streaming library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.