Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonutarr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
OZ
Hi guys I've got an i7 iMac on the way and I thought I should get some usage out of the graphics card by buying a couple of mac games

one of them COD4

I use to play it online on xbox 360 in 07 but sold it all later that year but I really liked it when there was many people playing it

also I don't know how online gaming works on computers, how do you find other players and hosts?

Artistikk

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2009
Joining is pretty straightforward, and yes you'll be playing against both OS X and Windows users.

screenshot20091220at102.png
Click Join Server.

screenshot20091220at102n.png
Pick One.

jonutarr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
OZ
Thanks, I assume I will need to join local (Australian) servers to get reasonable ping times (I remember hating lag from Northern hemisphere servers)

There was no way of choosing on xbox live, is it possible to chose loacal servers with computer gaming?

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Thanks, I assume I will need to join local (Australian) servers to get reasonable ping times (I remember hating lag from Northern hemisphere servers)

There was no way of choosing on xbox live, is it possible to chose loacal servers with computer gaming?

Best thing about computer games, low ping servers. Playing a game with 9 ping, then playing some 360 game and having 200+, massive difference. PS3 games seem to be better, maybe because a few have server browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.