PDA

View Full Version : Modding a MB Air with a MB Pro Trackpad

onedamngoal
Dec 21, 2009, 09:52 AM
Would it be possible to remove the Trackpad/Button from the MB Air and install the Full-Sized Trackpad from a MB Pro. Has anyone else thought about this?

Abyssgh0st
Dec 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
I don't know how this would work thickness wise, I think it may be too thick to fit with the room inside the Air.

potdude
Dec 21, 2009, 04:07 PM
Do you want to know who has thought about this? Apple has and the fact that the Macbook Air doesn't come with a glass trackpad answers your question.

Would it be possible to remove the Trackpad/Button from the MB Air and install the Full-Sized Trackpad from a MB Pro. Has anyone else thought about this?

ayeying
Dec 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
Do you want to know who has thought about this? Apple has and the fact that the Macbook Air doesn't come with a glass trackpad answers your question.

Just because Apple doesn't put one in doesn't exactly means it won't work. There might be issues, but unless someone try it, it's not fact its just speculation.

fs454
Dec 22, 2009, 04:09 AM
I wish there was an option of having the MBA trackpad and button on the MBPs.

I hate the glass buttonless trackpad :/

Mactagonist
Dec 22, 2009, 10:11 AM
I would love to see this mod work, after getting used to the buttonless trackpad of my MBP the rattely cheesy button on the MBA seems like a primitive relic! :)

here's hoping for the new trackpad in the next generation MBA!

prodigee
Dec 22, 2009, 10:12 PM
The reason the current MBA's don't have them is because Apple could not fit the mechanism for it in at the thickness that the MBA is. I am sure that if Apple could have put in there they would have but right now there is no way of doing it without increasing the thickness of the machine.