Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmorris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
ATL
I know this has to have to been figured out by now on these forums.
I apologize for posting a topic like this.
But when I searched anywhere all I ended up with was 3rd party apps that just make me go through my albums one by one.

I cleared all my Album Art and told iTunes to find Artwork again.
It found some but not others, a good amount too.

Is there a way to get Album Art automatically assigned to music?
Something that searches places and then assigns it?
I tried Art Cover Finder and CoverScout.

I haven't been able to quickly and easily find missing artwork for a lot of albums and artists.

I'm 5 ft 8

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2008
Edmonton,Alberta CANADA
I have been told that iTunes will only find artwork if the particular artist is listed in the iTunes store. And even then when you ask it to find artwork it comes up some obscure artist.

bmorris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
ATL
I have been told that iTunes will only find artwork if the particular artist is listed in the iTunes store. And even then when you ask it to find artwork it comes up some obscure artist.

Yeah thats why it won't find Beatles artwork.
I've been using the Amazon Art widget.
It's simple and easy and a lot better than CoverScout or GimmeTune or Cover Art Finder.

But it still involves me going album by album.
I was looking for something that does what iTunes does but with a different source.

tmofee

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
Mildura
personally i like doing it myself. it's a pain, yes but i remove and add my collection off of itunes quite a bit and so of course the autofill has to find the artwork again. so i actually embed the artwork in the mp3 file myself, which for some reason doesnt stay with the auto version. so you download artwork, copy paste (or wiki) and paste into the lot of the files as a group embed. seems to be the only way for making the artwork stick...

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I'm a nerd so all my cover art is 100% perfect (but i did that all manually). I came home to visit for a weekend, and I discovered that my mom's cover art is a mess. I figured "oh great! I just got coverscout 3 from the macheist bundle... i'll give it a shot!" I also consider myself a decently intelligent human being. That being said, I couldn't figure out a quick and easy way to get coverscout to work....

any tips?

The Sheck

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2002
Cottage Grove
I'm a nerd so all my cover art is 100% perfect (but i did that all manually). I came home to visit for a weekend, and I discovered that my mom's cover art is a mess. I figured "oh great! I just got coverscout 3 from the macheist bundle... i'll give it a shot!" I also consider myself a decently intelligent human being. That being said, I couldn't figure out a quick and easy way to get coverscout to work....

any tips?

You'll probably have to go through her library album by album and add or correct the ones which need fixing. Which will take some time depending on how many songs she has.

I don't think there's any app out there which does it manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.