PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 Wireless Internet Connection Help

JR123
Dec 21, 2009, 11:24 PM
Hello.

I have an iBook G4 (12" screen) which I used with my old school's wireless internet connection.

Since I am no longer at school, I'm wondering how to get rid of the school connection?

I'm not too sure about networks, too. Once I get rid of the school connection, will I be able to connect to any wireless connection automatically or do I need to join up to a company like this one: http://www.myport.com.au/index.asp

I'm going to be staying in a resort that enables wireless connection but I'm wondering, if it doesn't work for me for some reason, what should I do?

Thanks very much :D

milton.sheaf
Dec 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
I think you're confused about how these things work. You don't need to "get rid" of the school wireless connection. The settings for that wireless network are saved on your computer so that any time you are in range of that specific wireless network, it will automatically connect you. If you are away from school and no longer in range of their network, there's no action on your part. Simply connect to whatever wireless network that IS available. You don't need to "unconnect" or "get rid of" anything.

If you're going to a resort that provides wireless, you can just use their wireless. If you have technical difficulties, contact their tech support.