Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Can you use a micro sd card + adapter in place of an SD card when using the HF10/HF100?

I have a 16GB micro SD card, but don't want to shell out the money for a 16GB SD card.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
It should work, as the adapter turns the microSD card into a normal SD card, nothing more.

And wow, 16GB on such a small card is ..... wow.

Came with my Motorola Droid. :)

Would it matter if the micro SD card adapter is not high capacity? (honestly don't know much about SD/micro SD cards)

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
wouldn't it stand to reason that the mini SD would be slower? Mini SD's are usually in "slower" devices and the demand isn't as high.

16 gig in min SD? holy crap

huskyfan

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
If it class 4 or higher, I would think it work???

You may already know this so ignore this if you do...

1) Putting your video an large SD card (8 or 16gb) is risky. If you lose the card, you have lost hours of video

2) I think using smaller 4GB cards is the best option for archiving. Archiving the HF10 video any other way is difficult. If you import into Imovie it uses a ton of HD space and if you want to get it out of Imovie there is some loss of video quality. If you save it as RAW data on your HD playback options are limited. While I save my video as RAW data on my computer as insurenace, I treat each card as tape and save it. That way I have RAW data that I can always lay back via my camcorder.

You can get 4gb class 4 cards for about $10 so unless you are taking alot of video it is not that expensive relative to the cost of the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.