PDA

View Full Version : Ipod 4g accesorie question

DickArmAndHarT
Aug 10, 2004, 11:33 PM
I have a 3g 20 gig ipod and im looking to getting a 4g 20 gig. I have a dock, remote and case that came with the 20gig. I pretty sure that the remote will work with the 4g but will the dock and case. there so similar in size and the ipod dock for with the 3g in it has extra room. i know they sell seperate docks from clickwheel and cases but hmm buying new ones would be a stinker.

Dick- :rolleyes:

jacobj
Aug 11, 2004, 02:47 AM
I have a 3g 20 gig ipod and im looking to getting a 4g 20 gig. I have a dock, remote and case that came with the 20gig. I pretty sure that the remote will work with the 4g but will the dock and case. there so similar in size and the ipod dock for with the 3g in it has extra room. i know they sell seperate docks from clickwheel and cases but hmm buying new ones would be a stinker.

Dick- :rolleyes:

The remote and the dock will certainly work. The new 4G 20 gig is only fractionally thinner than the 3G, so your case should be absolutely fine also.

I am interested as to why you feel the need to switch from a 3G 20 gig to a 4G 20 gig though! I know there are lots of rumours on this site as to the hidden functionality in the 4G, but surely it is worth waiting to see if that's true.

DickArmAndHarT
Aug 11, 2004, 09:16 AM
The remote and the dock will certainly work. The new 4G 20 gig is only fractionally thinner than the 3G, so your case should be absolutely fine also.

I am interested as to why you feel the need to switch from a 3G 20 gig to a 4G 20 gig though! I know there are lots of rumours on this site as to the hidden functionality in the 4G, but surely it is worth waiting to see if that's true.

Im switching because im going my mom wants and ipod so im going to give her mine and get a new one. which shell pay for some of it so i get a new one for about 100 bucks and she gets and ipod for 200. everybody wins. :p Ohh and part of the deal i have to set up her music on her ipod. and that means i have to work on a dell piece of junk. But hey thats life

thanks for the advice
dick