PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Circle Quicktime Logo and Interrogation Mark

M&M
Dec 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I don't know if some of the users of this forums are having this problem that I got on december 6 and I just found a solution, so I wanted to share it with all of you.

The problem was that everytime that I when to the mobile me gallery webpage and I selected any movie, protected or unprotected, if I double click on it, when it was trying to open, all I got was a spinning circle, quicktime logo and a question mark.

This issue only happens in Safari, every other browser doesn't have this bug. (I tryed Firefox and IE8 with a windows machine)

After passing one hour with mobile me support and apple support, I gave up, but I decided to try something today and it works.

I found a fix to my problem.

But it comes with a downside.

I have to run Safari in 32-bits mode.

So here's the solution.

I made a search via google to "test flash player" and as I checked the versions of flash player and shockwave, I found that I was missing the Shockwave plug-in.
I've installed the latest version of Shockwave (and I have to open Safari in 32bits mode, otherwise it doesn't work).
I also updated to the latest version of Flash Player.

Now, I'm able to open the movies without the interrogation mark and quicktime logo.

I hope this helps you.