Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martypants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
I just installed the Airport extreme wireless card on my emac, but I have run into some problems:

1)after installing the card, the mac took a very long time to start up, I tested to make sure it was the card: everytime I started it up without the card, it did the normal thing, but with the card, it took a long time

2)after finally starting up, nowhere can i find where/how to configure the wireless. When I go to configure the network, it has all options, but the airport card option is not usable.

So: how can i access the airport card settings to get wireless connectivity? Help is appreciated, thanks!

Martypants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Actually scratch everything above:

The one time the Mac did boot, it was because the card actually was not fully pushed in. Every time it is pushed in all the way, the Mac does not boot up all the way, it just has the start up sound, and then a black screen and the sound of the cooling fans whirring silently.

So anyone have any ideas on why my eMac wont start up? It is running Tiger OS X (10.4 I believe), and it is either an Emac USB or Emac Ati graphics.

Martypants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
/bump

I could really use help if anyone is willing to spend the time to answer, thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.