PDA

View Full Version : 4g ipod battery problems

1rottenapple
Aug 11, 2004, 09:37 AM
So my dad bought a new 4g 20gb ipod two weeks ago, and the battery does seem to hold the suggested 12 hours battery life. He has, at the max, 7 hrs of use, and that is with all the functions off (no lights, bass, etc...). So are my only options are to return it? I have a 3g ipod and have never experience this problem....

Also, what is the process of a purchase exchange at the applestore? Are they good about it?

jsw
Aug 11, 2004, 09:46 AM
I just shipped my <2 week iPod back because it spontaneously rebooted - three times in nine days, while playing and not hooked to anything except headphones. Given your battery issues - and you've run it completely down to calibrate it, then fully charged it, right? You might have grounds for a return. My battery seemed to last fine, though I never timed it.

If it seems problematic, you could always call and say it spontaneously reboots. ;) But I'm not sure you have an actual problem. What volumes do you listen at? That's a definite factor as well.

kungfu
Aug 11, 2004, 10:10 AM
My 4g 40 gig lasted for only 5 hours after a complete re-charge... sent it back to apple and got a brand new one within a few days... and my new one works great.

1rottenapple
Aug 11, 2004, 11:30 PM
My 4g 40 gig lasted for only 5 hours after a complete re-charge... sent it back to apple and got a brand new one within a few days... and my new one works great.

I got it from the store for him... I hope they just let me walk in and out with the old one.