Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
So my dad bought a new 4g 20gb ipod two weeks ago, and the battery does seem to hold the suggested 12 hours battery life. He has, at the max, 7 hrs of use, and that is with all the functions off (no lights, bass, etc...). So are my only options are to return it? I have a 3g ipod and have never experience this problem....

Also, what is the process of a purchase exchange at the applestore? Are they good about it?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I just shipped my <2 week iPod back because it spontaneously rebooted - three times in nine days, while playing and not hooked to anything except headphones. Given your battery issues - and you've run it completely down to calibrate it, then fully charged it, right? You might have grounds for a return. My battery seemed to last fine, though I never timed it.

If it seems problematic, you could always call and say it spontaneously reboots. ;) But I'm not sure you have an actual problem. What volumes do you listen at? That's a definite factor as well.

kungfu

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
My 4g 40 gig lasted for only 5 hours after a complete re-charge... sent it back to apple and got a brand new one within a few days... and my new one works great.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
kungfu said:
My 4g 40 gig lasted for only 5 hours after a complete re-charge... sent it back to apple and got a brand new one within a few days... and my new one works great.

I got it from the store for him... I hope they just let me walk in and out with the old one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.