PDA

View Full Version : Cracking Noise when Closing Lid - where can get a fast repair in the UK

c.Tao81
Aug 11, 2004, 10:51 AM
when I open the lid of my 15' pb, it makes the cracking noise, so i decide to get this problem fixed,

i mailed the krcs, and they say this will take three weeks (not three days) to get this problem fixed, :( I thought that's not a big job to carry out, how comes three weeks.

so just wondering whereas I can go for this repair in the UK, and well a shoter time.

any advise will be appreciated.

regards,

Koodauw
Aug 12, 2004, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about the cracking. Alot of PB's have this problem. I don't know if there is anything Apple can do about it really. I know it sucks to have a new computer making these noises, but its just a fact I guess.

Mine used to make a horrible cracking sound everytime I opened it, but it seems to be getting better the more I use it. (after 1 year it is finally making less noise)

If you do decide to send it, I hope it is a speedy repair.

Cheers.

Kingsnapped
Aug 12, 2004, 03:00 AM
Sometimes mine creaks, sometimes mine doesn't. It's nothing to worry about/get repaierd.

I'm keeping a graph comparing the frequency and levels of the creaking, in comparison to relative humidity and atmospheric pressure. I think I can teach my Powerbook meteorology.

/not really.

oSCho
Aug 14, 2004, 04:10 AM
c.Tao81 did you send your pb ?

did they repair it?

I'm trying to sell my PB15 to buy a new one, but the person that want's my old PB says I have to get rid of the cracking noise first. (which I perfectly understand...)

If I send it back to apple will they fix it or will they just send it back with no changes?

thx for your answers!