PDA

View Full Version : Active Money Pro

Gokunama
Dec 23, 2009, 10:00 PM
First, I'm not involved with or affiliated with the app developers in any way, I just like their app a lot. I've tried perhaps 10 of the topselling personal finance apps, and what I was always looking for, and still am to some extent, is fast entry, great graphs, great UI, multiple account support, and online or email back up.

A lot of great apps out there that I've tried. Some had fast entry, others had great graphs, none have online/email back up, but I think I've finally settled on Active Money Pro, a very popular finance app in Japan, and strangely not even within the top 100 finance apps in other iTunes Stores.

The positives of this app are fast entry, the templates make registering a common purchase as easy as three taps (including opening the app), the other transactions are fairly fast as well, great graphs (today's income, today's expenses, this month's expenses, this month's income, monthly historical expenses, and monthly historical income), cool-looking budget feature (but actually I don't use budgets, I probably should), multiple account support, supports most currencies, and just a great UI.

Some negatives at least for me, are no online or email back up (that is coming in the next update though), no expenses vs income graphs (coming in a later update), subcategories aren't optional, the pie graphs aren't configured to show counterclockwise from twelve the highest expense, then next the 2nd highest expense, and there's no percentage for these expenses (i.e. Food 34%).

Other possible negatives for other people might include no split transactions, and perhaps something to do with the budget rollover (I don't know, as I haven't tried it out, but it seems budget apps have a difficult time satisfying customers in regards to rollover).

Anyways, I just thought I'd recommend this great little app.

Active Money Pro