Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evilbooger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
I'm trying to compile the code from the Ogre Basic Tutorial 1, and it compiles without errors, but when I run it, Xcode just instantly says Debugging of "OgrePractice" ended normally.

And also this is my first time posting here, so please don't beat me half to death if I do something wrong.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
You know what'd be really cool?
If you pointed us to this tutorial you've mentioned we might be able to provide some useful advice, suggestions and, or, assistance. But as is I have nothing …

noobs

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009
Well have a look in the ogre forums. And there should be a log file in your resource folder so have a look there what it says.

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
No one has asked, so i guess i will:
What are you expecting this program to do? Are you expecting it to wait for you to interact before it quits? Should it just write something to a file then quit?

Why not set a breakpoint in your main function, and "build and debug" instead of just running it, so you can walk through it with the debugger?

-Lee

evilbooger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
@noobs: Ok I forgot about the log, I'll do that as soon as I get home

@lloyddean: How do I post my project? Should I upload the entire file to a file hosting website, or are you asking for screenshots of settings?

@lee1210: According to the tutorial, I should be able to move the camera around and see a robot or something. And I didn't think about walking through with the debugger, I assumed it had something to do with xcode's setting not with the actual code. I'll try that as well.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
There's an option to manage attachments below the posting composer.

Upload using "Upload File from your Computer" followed by clicking the "Upload" button to the right.

Above the composer window click the "Paper Clip" icon it should be fairly obvious from there.

Before zipping the project folder be sure to remove the Xcode created "build" folder that sits next to the project file.

evilbooger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Ok I see how to do it now.

My framework folders were in Build/Release, but build isn't in the zip file, will that cause problems, or should I upload that separately or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.