PDA

View Full Version : Time Machine Problems

blwatson
Dec 24, 2009, 12:01 PM
I recently had to reformat my harddrive because of problems trying to paritition to windows. Upon completion of the reformatting, I need to restore my mac.

I am rumming snow leopard and backed up all my files before I reformatted. I used time machine to copy the files all over, and I had about 130gb of data. I recopied it back over and it shows that I only have 112 gb of free space, after I copied it back over, but I cannot find any of my files.

Help please

Tumbleweed666
Dec 24, 2009, 05:00 PM
I recently had to reformat my harddrive because of problems trying to paritition to windows. Upon completion of the reformatting, I need to restore my mac.

I am rumming snow leopard and backed up all my files before I reformatted. I used time machine to copy the files all over, and I had about 130gb of data. I recopied it back over and it shows that I only have 112 gb of free space, after I copied it back over, but I cannot find any of my files.

Help please

When you say "I used time machine to copy the files all over, and ... I recopied it back over" what actually did you do?
With a reinstall there is an option to let TM restore your files, is that what you used or did you do it manually?