Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscaruso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
I'm trying to get my data off a Mac Powerbook Duo 2300c. (My DuoDock is long since dead.) So, the only ports on the Duo are the RJ-11 modem jack (which is also dead) and one RS 422 mini-DIN8 port for printer/modem.

I'm trying to get my data off the Duo and onto my iBook G3 running OS 10.3.4.

So, two questions: can I find a mini-DIN8 to USB or mini-DIN8 to Ethernet adapter? And, if so, will my OS X iBook recognize Appletalk?

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Chris Caruso
chris@humanrightstech.org

vraxtus

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
chriscaruso said:
I'm trying to get my data off a Mac Powerbook Duo 2300c. (My DuoDock is long since dead.) So, the only ports on the Duo are the RJ-11 modem jack (which is also dead) and one RS 422 mini-DIN8 port for printer/modem.

I'm trying to get my data off the Duo and onto my iBook G3 running OS 10.3.4.

So, two questions: can I find a mini-DIN8 to USB or mini-DIN8 to Ethernet adapter? And, if so, will my OS X iBook recognize Appletalk?

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Chris Caruso
chris@humanrightstech.org

Your iBook can be set to recognize Appletalk... as for your Duo... I have a Duo 280c and from what I remember it had a Mini-SCSI out that connected to a floppy. If possible, and if it is SCSI, you could get a SCSI adaptor and transfer to say a Zip drive... this all assuming if you have one however!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.