PDA

View Full Version : help me pick my facebook profile pic!

svalentine
Dec 25, 2009, 04:56 AM
I just got my MacBook Pro and I've been playing around with the built in camera. I'm bored this Christmas day and decided to take a few photos of myself. Which do you like best? Thanks lol ;)

Also I own iPhoto and Aperture, I was wondering how do you brighten only a certain area of a picture. i.e. the eyes. Thanks!

svalentine
Dec 25, 2009, 04:57 AM
and the other 2.

Sorry for the odd request.. haha ;)

trekkie604
Dec 25, 2009, 05:35 AM
#3 from the first post imo...

TheOnlyJon
Dec 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
It's difficult to selectively brighten/expose in iPhoto, I know that much. I haven't used Aperture, but I'm fairly certain it's just a slightly more advanced version of iPhoto. Your best bet is Photoshop. Or just set up some lamps to brighten things up.

4FalconAF
Dec 25, 2009, 07:41 AM
I would say the third one from first post too.

deorg
Dec 25, 2009, 12:57 PM
dude... the best profile pictures are the one in the outside I really prefer not the webcam pics...

digitalnicotine
Dec 25, 2009, 02:23 PM
What a cutie! :)

kidwithdimples
Dec 25, 2009, 02:32 PM
Is this a serious thread? I lol'd.

pointandclick
Dec 25, 2009, 02:49 PM

Ditto

HBOC
Dec 25, 2009, 03:01 PM
you changed outfits for the webcam? thats classic

zer0tails
Dec 25, 2009, 03:07 PM
3rd pic from the first post too. Gotta hand it to the narcissism of mac users

Schtumple
Dec 25, 2009, 07:41 PM
Jesus, can the current generation really not even make the simplest decision for itself?!?!

JWitmer
Dec 25, 2009, 07:45 PM
I usually just ask my mom which ones look best. If not, I ask my friends from Runescape.

LAWLZ

Xavier
Dec 25, 2009, 07:52 PM

This

thatguysmells
Dec 25, 2009, 10:47 PM
Second row on the right. :D

Ann P
Dec 25, 2009, 10:55 PM
Go with the third one. :p

Surely
Dec 25, 2009, 10:58 PM
Jesus, can the current generation really not even make the simplest decision for itself?!?!

HA

I was thinking the same thing........

andrewdale
Dec 26, 2009, 08:55 AM
If you really want a cool Facebook profile picture, you'll use one of the built in backgrounds on Photo Booth. I recommend either the "Earthrise" or "Clouds" for the best "out of this world" effect.

No, seriously. Get a picture from an outing with friends. Or try to look goofy or fun or something other than ... that. :)

Just my opinion.

AAPLaday
Dec 26, 2009, 09:00 AM
Its only facebook, i doubt anyone would mind which you picked as they are all basically the same :)

hatehereyes
Dec 28, 2009, 01:05 AM
The only difference between them is, in some your head is tilted to the right and in the others it's tilted to the left.

SchneiderMan
Dec 28, 2009, 01:09 AM
It's hard, because they all look the same.

BlackiBook
Dec 28, 2009, 01:13 AM
Maybe try not to look so :cool: in your photos... Natural photos or goofy photos would be best for facebook in my opinion... But I also think you are making a joke!

P.S.- Also paint a wall or something!

spencers
Dec 28, 2009, 09:54 AM

quoted for the mother effing truth.

For what it's worth, my vote is to put them all into a compilation and make that your profile picture.

Perrumpo
Dec 28, 2009, 10:47 AM

My thoughts exactly.

But to make my post useful. I think the third one is the least creepy.

CHAOS STEP
Dec 28, 2009, 11:50 AM
Difficult to pick, because in every one you look like just any random Facebook user.

Why don't you just pick any one and draw a moustache and beard on it with MS Paint or such (why don't Macs have a similar basic program like MS Paint?)

I'll admit that I do have a facebook account, albeit with a pseudonym and a doctored picture (for the lulz). I don't have any one on there but my small circle of friends - I don't want to know about old school buddies thanks.

Anyway even with this I get to see inane 'updates' from people mentioning whatever stupid thing they did today or a stupid chain request.

To make a long post short, even my small facebook universe is stuck full of these vacuous jauntily angled self shots that look exactly the same.

Try smiling in one or just 'shop one with something random.

arkitect
Dec 28, 2009, 12:01 PM
I've been playing around with the built in camera. I'm bored this Christmas day and decided to take a few photos of myself.
You were bored and these were the only ones you took?
Hmmm.
;)
That's like saying you got a brand new dictionary and didn't use it to look up "dirty" words…

Prof.
Dec 28, 2009, 01:14 PM
What a weird thread.:confused:

It's hard, because they all look the same.
Agreed.
That's like saying you got a brand new dictionary and didn't use it to look up "dirty" words…
I thought I was the only one who did that! :eek:

AndyCodez
Dec 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
Why would you even create a thread asking this question... Its facebook.... Just post a pic.

SchneiderMan
Dec 28, 2009, 01:53 PM
Anyway this thread belongs in the "Digital Photography" section.
http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83