PDA

View Full Version : Macrumors down?

idkew
Aug 11, 2004, 06:59 PM
Warning: mysql_connect(): Host '192.168.1.4' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/macrumor/public_html/csspvt/cssdbinit.inc on line 8
Unable to connect to database

I get that whenever I connect to www.macrumors.com

it is me or macrumors.com?

highly doubt its me...

King Cobra
Aug 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
Works for me. Sounds like the MR servers need a real hard slap on the side and a kick in the ass.

jsw
Aug 11, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yup. Both macrumors.com and these forums have had beaucoup problems over the past few days. Some serious maintenance needs to be done....

Elan0204
Aug 11, 2004, 09:21 PM
I just had a bunch of forum errors. First it said there was a database error, then eventually I got an error saying the servers were too busy. I just got access to the forum back a second ago.

jsw
Aug 11, 2004, 09:21 PM
Same here. It's just getting worse....

emw
Aug 11, 2004, 09:26 PM
Same here. It's just getting worse....

If this place wasn't so damn great, maybe people would leave it alone. As it is, I agree we're probably looking at the need to upgrade the systems a little bit...

jsw
Aug 11, 2004, 09:27 PM
If this place wasn't so damn great, maybe people would leave it alone. As it is, I agree we're probably looking at the need to upgrade the systems a little bit...
But the load's pretty small now - the site has handled a lot more traffic before. As Sun Baked noted in a related thread, the site needs to go down for maintenance. arn has been busy, and now some cobwebs need to be cleaned out....

stevehaslip
Aug 12, 2004, 07:02 AM
i hate it when you go to check something and then the site is down! it would be worse if you had a problem and were trying to fix it quick! damn sleepless g5! :mad:

wdlove
Aug 12, 2004, 07:08 PM
Yes, I had a server overload message yesterday and today. It's very frustrating. Hopefully arn will be able to upgrade capacity. With all the new Mac's now there may just one that would suit the forum's needs.

saabmp3
Aug 12, 2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe we should all become contributors so we can get some new hardware in there. The errors really don't mean much fun for me.

BEN

idkew
Aug 12, 2004, 10:24 PM
Maybe we should all become contributors so we can get some new hardware in there. The errors really don't mean much fun for me.

BEN

if i get a pint glass, i will.

wPod
Aug 12, 2004, 11:51 PM

BEN

i had the same problem mentioned at the begining of the post as well. how does one become a contributor?! i think it would be worth it to help out! im a poor college student and dont have much money, but im sure even a little would help, right?

idkew
Aug 14, 2004, 09:47 PM
down again...

and forums are timing out..

:(

jsw
Aug 14, 2004, 10:21 PM
i had the same problem mentioned at the begining of the post as well. how does one become a contributor?! i think it would be worth it to help out! im a poor college student and dont have much money, but im sure even a little would help, right?
http://forums.macrumors.com/subscriptions.php? should work for you if you're logged in - else, just go to "User CP" in the toolbar and go to "Paid Subscriptions" in the left column.

Note that there's a backlog - I paid three weeks ago and have yet to see an acknowledgment. Still, as long as it helps the site....

Stelliform
Aug 14, 2004, 10:22 PM
With the update of the forums, the private forum with the contributors link probably isn't visible to non-contributors.... I guess Arn needs to address that. Here is the link....

http://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html

Hoef
Aug 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
Is Macrumors running underneath someone's desk at home? :) Cool site anyway

rckstwrz
Nov 4, 2007, 01:35 AM
down again...

mad jew
Nov 4, 2007, 01:44 AM
The forums are slow but it's still working for me. Wow. Old thread. :)

satcomer
Jun 8, 2010, 01:16 PM
Well as of Tuesday June 8th @ 1813GMT is no loading. Only the MacRumors forum seems to be working.

RamboRab
Jun 8, 2010, 01:21 PM
Down for me too. I'm in the UK. Down on both wifi and 3G so it's not a problem at my end.

MacBOS
Jun 8, 2010, 01:22 PM
It was hell just to get to this forum, is there a alternative for whenever this happens :confused: like a life boat

aaronptrck
Jun 8, 2010, 01:25 PM
This is twice in two days. Sounds like they need a new server to me!

kainjow
Jun 8, 2010, 01:30 PM
Everyone turn off your wifi, then I'm sure it'll load ;)

miles01110
Jun 8, 2010, 01:32 PM
Everyone turn off your wifi, then I'm sure it'll load ;)

I think that one's going to go down in history. In fact, I think i'll just start recommending that as a general fix.

aaronptrck
Jun 8, 2010, 01:45 PM
Well (at least for me) The site is up, however there are no news stories on the page.

Hopefully whatever comes after 802.11n will be able to accomidate a larger base of users, but that will definitely go down in history. I wish they didn't cut out so much of the boo-boo's in yesterday keynote (gotta love "VERIZON!")

celticpride678
Jun 12, 2010, 01:39 PM
MacRumors has been going down a lot today. Getting database errors, along with times where I can't load the forums at all.

Anyone else?

-aggie-
Jun 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
MacRumors has been going down a lot today. Getting database errors, along with times where I can't load the forums at all.

Anyone else?

It just takes a lot longer to load things for me.

dmr727
Jun 12, 2010, 02:00 PM
It's been spotty for me today too. I also had a strange situation where it was working on my iPhone, but not on either Mac (using the same network).

dmmcintyre3
Jun 12, 2010, 02:13 PM
I think one of the servers running the forum is down and the dns load balancer does not know this. is forum3.xeeno.com supposed to exist? it does not respond at all.

spinnerlys
Jun 12, 2010, 02:16 PM
Had this problem too, but strangely Forum Spy was still updating its thread list, just the fora or threads wouldn't load.

celticpride678
Jun 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
I think one of the servers running the forum is down and the dns load balancer does not know this. is forum3.xeeno.com supposed to exist? it does not respond at all.

That's the direct link to the forums from the servers. It shouldn't be used at all.

Knox
Jun 12, 2010, 03:37 PM
forum3 has indeed been having issues for the last few hours. Should be better now however.

Mr. McMac
Jun 12, 2010, 03:48 PM
Intermittent problems here for the past several hours