PDA

View Full Version : Driver for Troll Touch G5 & iMac Touch Screen Alternatives

Peach55
Dec 26, 2009, 12:59 AM
I've got an iMac G5 20 inch with the Troll Touch Touchscreen.

I had the drive fail, and reinstalled the OS, then tried to download the software/drivers for it, but was unable to download anything from the troll touch site. Upon emailing them, I was told:
"unfortunately the controller that is in your unit is not compatible with our current driver and the driver that was on your unit is no longer supported. The only option available would be to send the unit in for a controller upgrade, cost for the upgrade is 250.00 plus shipping."

I'm wondering if anyone out there has the drivers for this that could send it to me, I'll give you something. I'm really upset that they are trying to charge me $250+s/h to 'upgrade' to a new board that will do the same thing, just to be able to use something that I've already paid for. What I've got worked fine when it was bought for $1000, what's wrong with it now that it needs to be 'upgraded' at my expense just to continue using it? In all my years working with computers, I've never seen a company try to do something like this.

The Controller version is "ScreenCode TM UR7HCTS2-USB"

Also, anyone know of any touchscreen from a reasonable company (not Troll Touch, I'll NEVER make that mistake again) for a touchscreen that would work on any of the newer iMacs?