Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dale124

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Hi all. I received an Ipod Classic for Christmas today, and thought I'd sync it tonight, after all the festivities have calmed down. I had a couple of movies that I got last christmas that I remembered had a "digital copy" included with the disc.
I loaded "The Dark Knight" into my I-tunes library, and then did a "sync" with this new Ipod. After it was done, I tried the movie on the Ipod, and found that all I could see is the thumbnail of the movie, it wouldn't start the show.
I thought I'd try the movie on the computer to see if it worked, which it seems to play (time counter is moving), but I get no video or audio.
The other movie was the latest "Rambo" flick did not even let me install it. The
"Digital copy" disc could not be read by my Imac.
Any suggestions on either of these issues????
Thanks.
Dale.

Dale124

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Hi all. I received an Ipod Classic for Christmas today, and thought I'd sync it tonight, after all the festivities have calmed down. I had a couple of movies that I got last christmas that I remembered had a "digital copy" included with the disc.
I loaded "The Dark Knight" into my I-tunes library, and then did a "sync" with this new Ipod. After it was done, I tried the movie on the Ipod, and found that all I could see is the thumbnail of the movie, it wouldn't start the show.
I thought I'd try the movie on the computer to see if it worked, which it seems to play (time counter is moving), but I get no video or audio.
The other movie was the latest "Rambo" flick did not even let me install it. The
"Digital copy" disc could not be read by my Imac.
Any suggestions on either of these issues????
Thanks.
Dale.
BUMP
Anyone??

aqwhiteh

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2009
Canada
if it won't play on your computer, there is no chance it will sync and work on your ipod. I'd wager either your optical drive is not working, or the disc is defective. Have you got access to another mac or pc to try the discs in? If not, you either have to get an external drive to connect to this mac, or call apple support if under warranty to have it replaced.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Make sure you have updated the version of iTunes and Quicktime on your computer. Latest versions are iTunes 9.0.2, QuickTime X and/or QuickTime 7.6.4. Update your Mac OS/Windows as well just to make sure you aren't missing anything critical on that end either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.