Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
VA
Trying to decide between these two for when I go to the gym/go jogging.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluetooth-stereo-headphones-features-SB1.php
apparently these have not come out yet, but they look pretty sweet and are a lot cheaper than the jb-200 series. Only thing is im not sure how the fabric will work with the sweat. I had a pair of nike sports headphones like that and they got pretty crusty after a while haha

Then, theres the Jaybird 200i freedom for the ipod. I was gonna get those so I can use it for my iphone, then plug in the adapter and use it on my ipod classic.

I can get the adapter for the sportsband ones also in case you were curious.

Anyone have the 200i freedom's? Im looking between that and the sportsband. I have a pretty big head, hat size is 7 3/4 or 7 5/8 and my ears go dumbo just a skosh. I have a pair of sennheiser pmx 70s which are pretty nice and fit well for me while im at the gym.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Their product design looks very nice, i hope they sound just as good and prices are not bad at all.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
They look like they copied the design from Bang and Olufsen

form2-headphones.jpg

I really hated those back when Apple stores had them on display, super uncomfortable.

josephliu08

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2010
sb1 sportsband

i got my sb1 sportsband from jaybird last week and i totally love it... its the best headset i got so far.... i am already a fan of jaybird products coz i had the jb200 freedom bluetooth headsets before but when i got the sportsband i even loved them more

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-01-12 at 18.55 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-01-12 at 18.55 #3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo on 2010-01-12 at 18.54.jpg
    Photo on 2010-01-12 at 18.54.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 135

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
VA
Nice! Mine will hopefully be here by the end of the week (sb1). I also got the Bluetooth adapter for my iPod classic. Hopefully this goes well with the Nike+ stuff

Graeme82

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Does anyone know if these headphones work for iPod Touch without the adapter? I've been told by some people that the bluetooth function 'doesn't work' for bluetooth headsets which makes me wonder what other use there can be for it?

Do most bluetooth headphones just work with the ipod touch without an adapter?

:apple:

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Fantastic Headphones

I received these JayBird Sportsband headphones last week and must admit they are the best sounding most comfortable Bluetooth headphones that I have tried! I use them with my iPhone 3Gs, and although they do not switch tracks (iPhone issue) they do activate volume, voice activation, and call answer.

Graeme82

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I received these JayBird Sportsband headphones last week and must admit they are the best sounding most comfortable Bluetooth headphones that I have tried! I use them with my iPhone 3Gs, and although they do not switch tracks (iPhone issue) they do activate volume, voice activation, and call answer.

So did they work without the adapter for the iphone?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I picked one up and here are my first takes:

1. Sounds is good.

2. Works with 3GS

3. For $90 I expected to get a wall charger.

4. For $90 I expect to get a Bluetooth adapter so I can used other devices

5. For $90 I expect to get a carrying case

Is it fair to say these are overpriced?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Just tried to skip a song forward and backwards and it is not working.

Just wanted to check if this is a known issue of if I have a bad headset.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Just tried to skip a song forward and backwards and it is not working.

Just wanted to check if this is a known issue of if I have a bad headset.

It is a problem on Apple's end since they have not fully developed the A2DP protocol on the iPhone so the track controls do not appear to work. Hopefully they will work with the iPhone 4.0 update eventually.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
It funny....

I did not know this... and I cannot find any reference to this on the jaybird site.

This should be blantently visible whenever the iphone is referenced as a compatible device.

BOO to the Jailbird folks.
FU to apple.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
BTW...on the 3GS, voice command lets me track forward and backwards. Works great!

jhkaplan

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Sorry to bump up an old, old thread, but how are these holding up during workouts? I keep having to replace my earbuds since the sweat seems to destroy them. I figured it was time to cut the cord and go with a bluetooth headset.

Do these work pretty well for running on a treadmill and outside? They look like they could fall off at any second since they aren't in-ear. How sweat resistant are they?

Thanks for your input!

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

jhkaplan said:
Sorry to bump up an old, old thread, but how are these holding up during workouts? I keep having to replace my earbuds since the sweat seems to destroy them. I figured it was time to cut the cord and go with a bluetooth headset.

Do these work pretty well for running on a treadmill and outside? They look like they could fall off at any second since they aren't in-ear. How sweat resistant are they?

Thanks for your input!

I just ordered mine today. If no one else gets back to you, I'll give you an update when I get a chance to take a run with them!

Gin Gin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009

Thanks for your input!

I've had the SP1 for a couple of months now. I'm a walker not a runner but I've had no problem with them slipping. I've also worn them around the house doing chores and if I bend down sometimes the band slips forward a bit but I haven't had them fall off yet. I tested them out by shaking my head around and they don't slip at all. They're very comfortable on my ears (I really can't stand the in ear ones). I'm no audiophile but I think they sound good. I do get fairly sweaty on my walks but I haven't noticed the foam ear pads getting wet, they seem to breathe fairly well. It looks like you could take them off and rinse them if you needed to. All in all I'm very happy with them and I love not getting tangled in the cord.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.