PDA

View Full Version : The "next thing" will be wireless iPods that interact with Airport Express

jossblowing
Aug 12, 2004, 09:56 AM
The "next big thing" will be some form of wireless iPod that can interact with Airport Express... September is the time to look out for this. (Inside track apparently...)

joss

jsw
Aug 12, 2004, 10:02 AM
At best, there will be an iPod accessory to do this (which would be very nice and useful). No way - no way - are they going to announce a new iPod a month and a half after announcing the 4Gs. I could see the accessory happening, though.

noel4r
Aug 12, 2004, 10:41 AM
The "next big thing" will be some form of wireless iPod that can interact with Airport Express... September is the time to look out for this. (Inside track apparently...)

how do you know this? although it makes sense that iPod will interact w/ Airport Express in the near future but how do you know that it will happen next month?

jossblowing
Aug 12, 2004, 10:47 AM
I'm not going to say - obviously it's not a dead cert... but there could be a tie-in with the 60Gb iPods around the corner....

musicpyrite
Aug 12, 2004, 10:59 AM
I'm not going to say - obviously it's not a dead cert... but there could be a tie-in with the 60Gb iPods around the corner....

Not to be rude or anything, but I frankly don't believe a word you are saying. How did you get this information? If you work for Apple, you risk getting fired for saying this.

It's going to be just like WWDC, all the newbies from slashdot post thread after thread, post after post about how we are going to have a wireless iPod, G5 PowerBook, 3GHz G5, and other things like Apple is going to split into to companies, or Steve is going to be fired.

Although I don't believe in what your saying, I hope your right.

pdpfilms
Aug 12, 2004, 11:02 AM
Dude.

Have you looked at EVERY other "next gen" ipod threads?

check in at the front desk, please.

rainman::|:|
Aug 12, 2004, 11:50 AM
it will be a lovely accessory, perhaps, but there's no way they *can* add it without a) increasing the size of the iPod, keeping in mind that each mm is precious to those engineers; b) causing serious power drain, and c) redesigning the iPod to have a plastic case instead of metal, for the sake of any internal antenna.

My guess is something like the iTrip, but for 802.11x instead of FM.

paul

superbovine
Aug 12, 2004, 02:26 PM

joss

hahaahhaha

ok if the new 4G ipods actually had hardware to enable them to have wifi we would have known by now. people have already taken apart their 4g ipod and almost immediately they would have known if the new ipods contained a radio and antenna inside.

Zaty
Aug 12, 2004, 02:43 PM
hahaahhaha

ok if the new 4G ipods actually had hardware to enable them to have wifi we would have known by now. people have already taken apart their 4g ipod and almost immediately they would have known if the new ipods contained a radio and antenna inside.

I don't believe it, either but the guy said "some form of wireless iPod", he didn't say the 4G would have wireless capability. BTW, we still don't know if Apple bought does 60 GB hard drives from Toshiba or not.